kitesurfing turkey
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

6th line

Postby kitesurfing turkey » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:25 pm

6th line = 5th line+RECON

For the beginning of 2004 recon was a big innovation for kiteboarding.
Even the students of few hours were able to relaunch the kites from the water simply by holding one side of the line from the ball replaced on.And hoooops and you go again.
But people started to talk about the 5th line i said what the f..k is that 5th line and because i was happy about the recon i said why,i don't need it.(forsure i don't need it so often if i don't go for a stupid kind of a handllepass:))
Lately i placed a 5th line to try on my recon equipped Cabrinha bar and i made a kind of an attachement fixed on my kites and use the same bar with different sized Nitros.
To be honest it worked.And now it is 2 times faster than a 5th line or a Recon.You simply turn the kite which is upside down without holding your bar and then quickly pull from the redball or the black ball on your recon bar.it goes up again.
So you can convert them too and it simply works.
That what i call the 6th line trademarked on my name:)
Ciao.Husnu BAYLAV.

FredMurphy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredMurphy » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:41 pm

Sounds interesting. Didn't really get your explanation of how you use it though. I'd also be curious how you make sure that the 5th line doesn't cause problems if you pull the Recon safety to depower the kite.

Sounds like it could be worth trying on my Contra. Big kites are difficult to relaunch and the pump leash looks like it would take a 5th line OK.

kitesurfing turkey
Medium Poster

6th line

Postby kitesurfing turkey » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:51 pm

Yes Fred You are Right!!!
But i attaced the main 5th line to the metal ring with a ball siding to us and let it free.i attached the 5th line direct to te center of the bladder.and i fixed on te same line from almost 7 mt far from the top another two lines joining to both of the two centerlines' loops(like on north 5th element) to have a flexibility on the mouvement of the recon.But i dont bring the 5th line to the chicken loop like it is on north.As i said i attach it with a help of a ball to the metal ring(like on wipika cls) just after the recon relase system a little loose not to create a tension on the recon.Hard to explain on English:)
i hope you understood.

kitesurfing turkey
Medium Poster

6th line

Postby kitesurfing turkey » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:03 pm

1 more important think;
Don't attach the 5th line direct to the pump leash fixation point,you have to use a thin plastic pipe(not to hurt the kite) and piece of a robe passing from inside that pipe(i used kevlar riched robe)and you have to roll it from the middle of the inflatable strut(is it correct,did you understand?)
and make a knot at the end.i fix my fift line to that knot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”