Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Old threads popping up out of the blue - NOT - marketing 101

forum for kitesurfers

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Blade, Axis, NP Surf, Liquid Force, Ozone, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Old threads popping up out of the blue - NOT - marketing 101

Postby toyletbowl » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:37 am

wow...with all the free advertising taking place on kiteforum, now we have a bunch of old tired threads magically coming back to life pimping one brand in particular. enough is enough...we've all seen the girls before...big deal...you don't have to keep bringing the threads back to life. let them go...

anyone else getting a little tired of all the in your face look at me and my success crap? i applaud success and support profitability of all and any companies 100%, but not when it's in your face. just not my style...

this appears to be a calculated marketing strategy being used to it's fullest. i doubt the threads are just coming to life out of pure curiosity. don't think so. seems like a lot of chest thumping, we're number one stuff going on which may turn off some people on the fence... just a thought...

UNSAFE
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UNSAFE » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:57 am

Just posted about the same thing.
Get a life guys.

Anomynous
Medium Poster

Re: Old threads popping up out of the blue - NOT - marketing

Postby Anomynous » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:48 am

toyletbowl wrote:
seems like a lot of chest thumping, we're number one stuff going on which may turn off some people on the fence... just a thought...
Yeah, some people are royally turned off to be sure. However, I'm sure most are oblivious.

Just look around. Sheep mentality dominates most aspects of our lives -- by sheer weight of numbers. Why should kiteboarding be any different?

Sheep are Best lead along well trodden paths >> show some tits, make some claims, offer some bargain prices/limited time deals/closeout specials << repeat ad nauseam (& some people call this competition & innovation :D)

Welcome shoppers! :bye: Free feed-bag with every purchase :D

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:47 am

What are you cooking todday ?

Anything on TV ?

What up dude ?

:D

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:36 pm

I agree, the old threads thing is annoying.

Btw, I will be anybody's sheep for sub $500 kites. Baaaaaah, baaaaaaaaaaah.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:22 pm

check the guys who are bringing those old threads back though, it aint the players, it the player haters......

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Blade, Axis, NP Surf, Liquid Force, Ozone, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:25 pm

wrong...just because someone posts an alternate view doesn't mean they are haters.

viet dude is the main culprit and hes been pimpin. wrong again.

mo'wind
Frequent Poster

Postby mo'wind » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:46 pm

Yeah it gets old, but vietdude has made some excellent posts regarding pimps!

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:13 am

Oh Bobbie,

What do you know about Advertising 101... your lame price comparison... seriously do you really think you are defending "fat brands"... did you realize fat brands want customers to focus on widgets... aka product differentiation... the last thing fat brands want consumer to focus on is price... get with the program!

Advertising 201 keeps the name in the news... If a pimp is measured by # of Best posts... you would be # two after SQ... are you sure you are not tainted by best "gifts"

Advertising 301 Rivalry keeps the fans tune in... so thank to you, UNSAFE, Anymous, and my all time favorite... shopguy for being who your are... cause every Best guy needs a Worst guy

Advertising 401 - Advertise on kiteforum... it works... hey Toby can't pimp all the time...

vk

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Flysurfer
Ozone Water & Snow
Spleene
Aboards
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Kitewing
Waveboard
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:58 am

If all this makes more people come to this forum then it's good for the forum right? Everyone then sees the advetising below right? Those little rectangle... It all seems interesting and exciting in a way... mostly... No matter what we talk about it's all part of the process...Lost of personality... and almost everything relates to Kiteboarding and some kind of opinion abot the product we use...

Newcomers get to see what it's really like out there... What going on... Different technology and stuff... people... thoughts... What would it be like without the internet...

Seems the individual Kiteboarding will run the show... The buyer... and new guys just having fun starting out... Kiteboarding is fun either way...

Return to “Kitesurfing”