2003 Slingshot Fuel 17meter?

forum for kitesurfers

kiteboardingcentral.com
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

2003 Slingshot Fuel 17meter?

Postby kiteboardingcentral.com » Fri May 13, 2005 3:50 am

Okay, Changed my mind on the 21meter Nemesis...

Any info on the Fuel from 2003, the 17meter?

What would the windrange be for me weighing in at 150lbs.

This will be my lightwind kite, my other kite is a 12meter Nemesis and I'm trying to decide a kite from 7-9meters.

Anything specific about this kite? I'm checking http://www.kite-surf.com right now.

I swear this is my last post on which kite to get.

Costing me 300 by the way, good deal or no?

bokdoos
Rare Poster

Postby bokdoos » Fri May 13, 2005 5:08 pm

I love that kite and recently retired it for an '04. It pulls like a truck and it's turning speed is pretty good. I'm 200lbs and there were very few times where I was sitting watching other people ride due to light wind no matter what kite they were on. The killer combo for when it's really light is using it with a skim board and a pulley bar. The downsides are that it's pretty heavy and if you get it wet in light wind it will fall like a brick. The upside of that is that it's really burly.

bokdoos
Rare Poster

Postby bokdoos » Fri May 13, 2005 5:11 pm

I forgot to mention that i think 300 is a pretty good deal if it's in good condition. Although I did just pay 250 for a brand new 20m.

bokdoos
Rare Poster

Postby bokdoos » Fri May 13, 2005 5:16 pm

I love that kite and recently retired it for an '04. It pulls like a truck and it's turning speed is pretty good. I'm 200lbs and there were very few times where I was sitting watching other people ride due to light wind no matter what kite they were on. The killer combo for when it's really light is using it with a skim board and a pulley bar. The downsides are that it's pretty heavy and if you get it wet in light wind it will fall like a brick. The upside of that is that it's really burly.

Return to “Kitesurfing”