Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: isla blanca cancun,
Style: waves
Gear: rpm
Brand Affiliation: None

kitebeaches south caribbean in april need info

Postby samflis » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:23 pm

hi I will be traveling by cruise to sn marteen, grenada,barbados, sta lucia, tortola, Iin april for 11 days , someone knows kitebeaches downthere,wind probabilty, what size to bring, waroo 9 or ripper 14 ?and how far are they from the cruise ports so I can go ,ride and get to the ship in 7 hours thanks . samlfis
cancun mexico

balimaiz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby balimaiz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:04 pm

No te conozco pero si vas con tu familia, creo que tienes que dejar tus kites en casa y dedicarte a ella. Es el momento mas preciado de estar con tus hijas o hijos (no se cuantes tienes), tu esposita, tu hermana y padres, APROVECHALOS. Suerte
Attachments
febrero2007isla 059.jpg
febrero2007isla 059.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 1147 times

karen
Medium Poster

Postby karen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Wow, that sounds like fun!!

With respect to Balimaiz, even if you ARE travelling with your family, you will absolutely enjoy bringing your gear and enjoying some riding on each of these beautiful islands!

Certainly St. Lucia should have fantastic wind in April! If you're on a ship, you probably will be on the north end of the island - there you will find Tornado Center. Please contact them for riding details and info-

If you want to head to the south part of the island, Vieux Fort, then The Reef is where you'll want to be!

Barbados has amazing riding and some of the best waves in the Caribbean - SkyRiders (Club Mistral) has an operation there - check out their website for details -

For St. Maarten, I think you can find good details on the site http://www.tropical-paradise.net -

I can get you details pretty soon for Grenada - the Best Offhsore Odyssey is just returning from their maiden voyage, and Grenada was their starting point! Let me know if you would like the info...

Tortola I don't know at all, but I"m quite sure someone out there does!

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Enjoy!
Karen

samflis
Rare Poster

Postby samflis » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:36 pm

thanks karen I will search in those web sites that you wrote me, if you can get the info for grenada, i will apreciate it, also I only want to take one kite what do you suggest the 9 bow or the 14 ripper , remember I will be kiting almoust all the times before 2 or 3 pm , because I will have to get back to the ship.
also dont belive to balimaiz he lives close to me and he is just teasing me because he knows he has been kiting for 7 years and he is just begining to get his back rolls.and he wants me to take him to the trip.
thanks
sam from cancun. and wellcome to kite here any wind (time).

gravey
Medium Poster

Postby gravey » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:40 pm

I just came from Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda with 9m and 13m instincts - the 9 never came out of the bag! Check windfinder for local wind conditions and history tho - dont take my word for it :)

karen
Medium Poster

Postby karen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Pleasure, Sam!

Sure, I'll get the Grenada info and let you know...

Cheers!
Karen

balimaiz
Rare Poster

Postby balimaiz » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:01 am

Dear Samflis, you're right with the back roll stuf but you forgot it comes with a kite loop, just 2 days ago and very happy about it.
Please enjoy the trip, we know kiting is the best way.
Ah Karen, taking about cheers, here's Sam in Cabarete
jalele
Attachments
IMGP0666.JPG
IMGP0666.JPG (163.78 KiB) Viewed 1084 times

karen
Medium Poster

Sam in Cabarete

Postby karen » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:23 am

Thanks for that!!

Haa haa- 'nough said!! :-)

Cheers, indeed!

islandstylen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby islandstylen » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:30 pm

Grenada, jump in a cab and head to coral cove, on the east side of prickly bay, any taxi driver can take you there.

St lucia, you will be in castries, cas en bas beach is the closest and is a nice spot (my local) you can take a cab or get on the local "1a" bus to rodney bay marina for $2ec and then take a cab for half the price. tornado center. The reef in villa fort is another good spot but quite a bit further away, which will cut into your kiting time.

Barbados, jump on the local bus 11 and head out to silversands beach or long beach, $1.50 BD, was just over there for winfest at brian talmas "action" centre, rode my 10m sb2 most mornings, have some nice waves.
St Martin, check out galleon beach, oreint bay for starters. Flat water and waves. take a cab.
I would take both kites! i ride either a 10m or 14m SB2 here, mostly the 10m this time of year, and april is often good too, but you never know with the wind.

samflis
Rare Poster

usefull info= more kiting time

Postby samflis » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:45 pm

islandstylen : thanks for the info, it will give me much more time to kite instaead of losing time finding the way to get to the spots, can I go in the buses with the kites and boards , or are they too crowded, are there any rules for kiting in those places or just common sense in safety , towards people, rocks and any object.
you know something about tortola island? :thumb:
thanks again and if you saw the photo of mine in cabarete I will share one of those 2 happy hour mohitos that I was drinking down there,I had many at thete time so I can give you some. thanks and also wellcome to cancun whenever you want
sam

Return to “Kitesurfing”