Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Cabrinha Access 03

Postby Comeback » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:30 pm

I know its outdated but i think it looks alright

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cabrinha-Access- ... dZViewItem

200 for a second hand kite, is that suspicious or a damn good deal,

so far im on a 07 Airush DNA learning, but i can hold my own...

ADVICE PLEASE dont wanna end up in kitemares.com

slightlyimperfect
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Slave Lake
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise

Postby slightlyimperfect » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:05 pm

notice how there are no bids on it yet... Its an OK deal not a great deal. I got my 03 Access 15.5M for $75 + ship. If thats exactly the kite you want, then great snag it up. If you just want a 7m, Id wait. but its up to you.

OBX Kiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Secret Spot, Virginia; Hatteras
Favorite Beaches: Hatteras, Garda
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Jimmy Lewis boards.

Postby OBX Kiter » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm

I don't think the price makes it suspicious. The used kite market is for shit, especially pre-2005. I had a 2004 Contra 16.5 I couldn't give away. I finally sold it last week for $100.00. Damn shame to, I paid $1650.00 for it two years ago and I only used it a few times. I guess that's what happens when technology improves so fast.

OBX

FNG
Rare Poster

Postby FNG » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Paid quite a bit for a used Access back when it was newer.
I've blown it up and repaired it. Learned much from it and used it as a spare when dookey happens (or I just have trouble) with/to newer gear.
Now it is getting bridle point attachments (debating ripping the seams out to use the sewing machine as opposed to hand stitching) so I can work on understanding kite design and aero.
Might not want to pay to much for older sail - perhaps better to pay less and play with it till you wreck it.
Also not a bad idea to use the completed sales tab to get an idea of what gear is going for and when in the season it sells.
With things warming up, the temptation may be to spend much more than gear is really worth.

Comeback
Rare Poster

Postby Comeback » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:50 am

wow. you guys are really helpful, if this was my skimboarding local forum the guys would tell me to f*ck off...but wow.

i see im gonna like this sport if everyone is as helpful as you guys have been.

to the kite...thanks its been a great help fellas, i think you're right, better to get a 150 buck kite and wreck/play around with it while im getting used to kiting, than getting an 07 DNA and smashing it up...i've used one before and its a very nice kite although.

umm just wanting to know, the guy selling it says you can hook this one up witha 4 line system, which is probably safer im guessing and better performance? but a new 4 line bar is apparently $400...just wanting a little help choosing a kite in my price range.

FNG
Rare Poster

Postby FNG » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:55 am

Please don't misunderstand.
There are plenty of people on this forum who will gladly tell you to go to hell. :D

There are many more, myself included, who will tell you that a great way to be told to go to hell, is to be a kook who buys used gear on the cheap then ends up hurting someone else or yourself through a lack of experience and knowledge.

If you have not done so already, please get that experience through skilled instruction either at the hands of a respected instructor or through the careful introduction with an experienced and respected kiter who will take it upon themselves to see to it that learn in a way that is safe for others and yourself.

Seems like many of the questions you may have about gear will clear up pretty well with a little more time under your belt and that will allow you to make better choices when it comes to purchasing used equipment.

Sounds preachy but the best thing for everyone involved is to be well informed before you drop coin for gear you're going to feel compelled to use once you have it in your possession.

Comeback
Rare Poster

Postby Comeback » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:23 pm

:o

you know, that is kinda the whole reason why i asked...to get some help from more experienced people.

and maybe i havent made it clear, im not some overnight wannabe, ive already spent hundreds in lessons, more than i do on my car actually...my car has foregone long needed services due to kite-ing.

i have already trained to halfway through level 2 with a well respected IKO instructor and have flown a 9 metre in wind over 25 knots...

so...to clarify...I am well aware of the dangers involved, to myself and others. I wish to purchase a kite that once i own, can train to use properly with my instructor. and we have an ideal location for kite-ing too.

I ONLY WISH TO KNOW THIS> what would be more suitable?

1. Get more training with my IKO instructor and be patient and purchase a kite and board and etc in....looks to be mid 2008 due to fiscal situation.

or

2. Buy a second hand, reasonably priced, outdated kite- and update it with a brand new 4 line max depower system and bridling, and train with my Instructor on that instead?

or... dont answer stupid questions...i am fairly retarded on forums.

Return to “Kitesurfing”