Kiting since: 4
Local Beach: Acadia, 3rd Ave.
Favorite Beaches: Manzanita
Gear: old junk
Brand Affiliation: None

Tabu harness for waves?

Postby Eltreato » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:04 am

Hi All,

Recently I bought a Da Kine Tabu harness to replace my aging Da Kine Nexus windsurfing harness. The nice thing about the Nexus was that when riding toeside my spreader bar would slide along the webbing in front of me making it comfortable and easy when swell riding. With the Tabu I find the spreader stays locked in the center and I don't get this happening. I find it's even affecting my ability to point upwind. Short of going back to the Nexus or a Pyro or riding unhooked all the time, do any Tabu riders have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Eltreato
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 4
Local Beach: Acadia, 3rd Ave.
Favorite Beaches: Manzanita
Gear: old junk

Postby Eltreato » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:25 am

Bueller? I guess the Pyro or Mystic may be the way to go...

panic
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby panic » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:30 pm

I have a Tabu...just loosen it up a little more than you normally do, and you'll find that the harness will slide around

azer
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby azer » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:06 am

Not sure you did the right choice with the Tabu of you liked the Nexus. I used Tabu for 2-3 years anf finally changed for Pyro. It covers better the back and it's less stiff. But I liked the fact that the hook was locked in the middle. I'm quite lost at the moment with the hook on the Pyro moving around. I have the sensation that it's always at the wrong place...
See, it's just a matter of time to adapt your riding style.

Return to “Kitesurfing”