3 hours, non stop

:greenlaugh:

Tomorrow, same same, but different....

stonezone
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby stonezone » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:43 am

How about all the political and religious craziness going on around there? How far are you from that, and I assume the kiting must be quite a ways away as well?

SZ

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:42 am

Reality is reality. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to change the situation. I am not from here, but I don't think I would leave this place for anywhere in the world.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:10 pm

Hey if I lived in Isreal... I'd be kiting all the time as it'd probably be one of the safest things to get into as everyone is spread out and you can see anyone coming who looks dodgy... anyway Big Smelly would use his "chemical weapons" if any suicide bomber got too close.... :thumb: Besides how many Suicide bombers have taken up kitesurfing? Not too many I'd imagine and if they did they wouldn't be so fucked up anymore.....

Take care man...

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:51 pm

exactly!!

shh, don't tell anyone, but Bush is looking for chemical weapons in the wrong place :greenlaugh:

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:14 am

Saturday blew the shit out of Friday!!!
22 - 28 knots
Me on a 2003 Caution 12m
Man o man, I have never jumped so high in my life
The life guard towers looked really little from my altitude...

Sunday is a working day here in the land of milk and honey, but I have a huge smile plastered to my face, and no one can understand why... :greenlaugh:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:50 am

Looks like you've got plenty of wind there Big Smelly One.... been fartin hard out eh.....

luketheloony
Medium Poster

Postby luketheloony » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:43 pm

my lip hurts :mosh:

pacman
Rare Poster

Re: Epic day - I love winter in the Holy Land

Postby pacman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:55 pm

I've got job offer in Tel-aviv. Waht is it really like for kiting there? What's the pro's and con's?

saintofwind
Rare Poster

Re: Epic day - I love winter in the Holy Land

Postby saintofwind » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:27 pm

I've never kitesurfed over there, but I found some incredible windsurfing in the Gulf of Aqaba back in 1992. The beach was in Eilat, Israel. Picture a good size body of water near the base of soaring mountains. What you have is a massive trough and air absolutely rips through it. That's because on the south/western side, you have the Red Sea and extremely hot deserts, which create hot air. While to the north, the topography is more mountainous and the climate produces more temperate air. That's a great combo, especially when you throw in the channeling effect of the mountains. It never really lets up. The wind absolutely honked while I was there. Meanwhile, the Gulf's water is tropical and has more colorful fish than just about anywhere else in the world. There was a Club Med right there. It was quite sweet. Back then, there was one little -- or perhaps not so little -- issue: The state of war that existed between Israel and the country of Jordan on the other side of the gulf. This was one place where you wouldn't want to have trouble staying upwind. The patrol boats were out. One day, a huge white horse came swimming across the gulf and caused a major international ruckus. The stallion had escaped from King Hussein's stables on the other side and gone for a swim. The Israelis had to keep their cool to keep from shooting the thing. The United Nations stepped in to arrange the horse's return home. Anyhow, I've dreamed of going back and kiteboarding there for many years now. Let's pray for peace in our time.

SOW

Return to “Kitesurfing”