Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The TRUTH about LINK 07 !!!!

forum for kitesurfers

dede
Rare Poster

The TRUTH about LINK 07 !!!!

Postby dede » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:55 pm

HI !!
I've seen a lot of reviews about Link 07 , either good or bad.........it's a bit strange all of these info with so many different points of view , if there is ..what's wrong with this 1400U$ kite..........

does slingshot has any official comment about the the size of the bridles being released in the market..........

Thanks !!

:thumb:

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The TRUTH about LINK 07 !!!!

Postby kitesurf66 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:09 pm

dede wrote:...what's wrong with this 1400U$ kite..........

I don't know about the kite, unfortunately, but I'd say 1400 bucks for a kite seems wrong :-D.

K66

Morfin
Frequent Poster

Postby Morfin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:44 pm

What I dont get, is that on other major brands like, Naish, RRD, North, etc. Including some Board specific brands. There are always some kind of brand representative clearing things up.
I have not seen anyone from Slingshot explaining things about the Link.
So unusual.
Initially I was seriously considering the Link, being a super happy OCTANE rider. Now, I dont think I will go for this kite.
All I know about it, are bad reviews from the forum from confused riders.
Come on up SS people!!

Neil 1
Medium Poster

Postby Neil 1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi all this is Neil Hutchinson from Slingshot. This is to all kiters that have bought a new 2007 Link. It has become apparent that there are some inconsistent bridle line lengths both in our 4 and 5 line kites. Some are just fine, some need a little adjustment and others need to be replaced.
Slingshot is fully aware of this situation and frustration but has the answer, rather than contacting your local dealer with these problems and trying to solve them third hand, Slingshot now has a hot line directly to headquarters and encourages all customers with Link problems or questions to call directly to Chris Schey at Slingshot, 509-427-4950 ext ??, or e-mail schey@sskites.com. We will deal with every problem personally and on an individual basis.
We at Slingshot care about our customers and are here to help anyone with a Slingshot problem or question. Due to inconsistent reports on the Link bridal we would like to talk with you personally to make sure you are getting the most out of our product.
I personally will be in St. Augustine for Ocean Extreme's Halloween bash the last weekend of this month and will be available to help and solve any issues with the Link.
We are here for you and respect your hours on the water.
For more info check out:

http://www.sskiteboarding.com/marqui/Ne ... 50601.aspx

Cheers Neil Hutchinson, Slingshot SE Sales

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby the_lone_wolf » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:51 pm

Morfin wrote:What I dont get, is that on other major brands like, Naish, RRD, North, etc. Including some Board specific brands. There are always some kind of brand representative clearing things up.
I have not seen anyone from Slingshot explaining things about the Link.
So unusual.

you mean except for this which was posted a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2333082

?

edit as if by magic... :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”