Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

UG FLX......is it std not to warranty a faulty board twice?

Forum for kitesurfers
rubedaboom
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

UG FLX......is it std not to warranty a faulty board twice?

Postby rubedaboom » Sun May 24, 2009 10:15 am

ok, heres the story in brief,
saved hard and brought a brand new 07 underground flex 132, it snapped clean on the 3rd ride. (can show photos if anyone wants) underground came to the party and supplied a brand new 08 flx, i was stoked. i didnt ride the new board for 4 months as i was over seas and didnt get a chance, so came back to nz and again after no more then 6 rides it snapped clean again!!

this time the response from underground was, that they only warrenty one board and not the replacement! they say its standard with companies, but i know for a fact that companies like liquid force, and best, will keep renewing the warrenty on the new gear, even if it takes them a few times to get it right.

so now im out of pocket with no board having only had a handfull of rides, this doesnt seem right, what do you think?

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Re: UG FLX......is it std not to warranty a faulty board twice?

Postby OzBungy » Sun May 24, 2009 12:32 pm

The obvious question is, what are you doing to break two boards in a row? I deliberately punish my FLX and it lasts fine.

Assuming the boards they gave you are at fault, tell them it's a load of bollocks. The replacement board has to come with the full warranty starting from the day it is delivered to you. Theaten to report them to the your local department of consumer affairs.

A product must:
- be fit for the purpose for which it is intended
- be of merchantable quality
- perform as described in the sales material.

It sounds like your board fails on all three counts.

Cavamondo
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle

Postby Cavamondo » Sun May 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Stop beeing a kook ... and stop sobbing and moaning about you board issues in public forum. Take it up with the dealer or manufactuar.

Antigrav
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Shop rider

Postby Antigrav » Sun May 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Cavamondo wrote:Stop beeing a kook ... and stop sobbing and moaning about you board issues in public forum. Take it up with the dealer or manufactuar.
Sounds like he has done already??........stop trying to find fault with a perfectly reasonable question, he is out of pocket and understandably a bit pissed off with the whole situation!

How have you broken the boards? Were they both broken in the same way? Was it on a big kiteloop or a hard landing or was it just riding along generally? Presumably the warranty only counts if you break the board in a certain way anyway ie if you repeatedly ride it into the beach and do big powered loops, then it would be reasonable to assume you might break it, and therefore they won't extend their warranty to you? Or maybe just replace one board as a gesture of good faith?
Also, you did buy an 07 board, and they have already lost out by replacing it with an 08, so maybe it would be different if you had bought an 08 or 09 board?

kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitezilla » Sun May 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Antigrav wrote:
Cavamondo wrote:
How have you broken the boards?
Was the board broken on a slider or kicker or rail?

In their advertisements, I believe some companies show their boards being used on these structures. I don't think that these boards are specially reinforced "Park" models.

berwick
Rare Poster

Postby berwick » Mon May 25, 2009 3:20 am

Hay there

Man so sorry to hear about your board, iv seen so many of the 2008 undergrounds snap where I ride and the guys riding them arnt hard core riders. Good luck trying to get a true warranty off these guys iv heard they are unhelpful and they should be replacing your board even if you are doing huge kiteloops because that's what boards are build for

DanDanTheFlyingMan
Medium Poster

Postby DanDanTheFlyingMan » Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 am

Don't take that shit mate.

I've snapped an 06 and the replacement 08 too. Make them replace it!!

They are a sweet sweet board but I broke my 06 doing small kiteloops and the 08 just broke during normal riding.

I'm on the Lunacy now and fark me! these things are indistructable!!

Cavamondo
Medium Poster

Postby Cavamondo » Mon May 25, 2009 7:48 am

What a cry club ...

rubedaboom
Rare Poster

Postby rubedaboom » Mon May 25, 2009 7:57 am

hi guys, yea thanks for the feed back, good stuff.
so as to how they snapped, im not going to lie, i love powered up moves and kite loops. so no sliders, kickers, beach, ect, just height and sea. (i have a witness on each snap, and they said the jump wasnt even that crazy) and yea sometimes you do come down hard, but isnt this what a kite board is made for.....kitesurfing?!?
im not new to kiting, and ive owned plenty of other brands doing the same moves, no issues.

and yea i have come to a stale mate with Adrian Roper off underground, heres his words exactally....

'I have been the NZ dealer for North kiteboarding for many years and the warrantee terms they offer are much tighter than what we have.
I have already offered to help you with a well priced replacement but am not keen to go ahead with this if you are trying to threaten me with forum rabble'.

i didnt threaten him i just suggusted i post my story and see if this is consistent with other kiters experience with brands. if so i will stand corrected,
welcome the feeback,
by the way i loved the ride of the board, i couldnt fault it.
ug 08..jpg

eukiter
Rare Poster

Postby eukiter » Mon May 25, 2009 8:13 am

i broke and FLX 08, got replacment and broke this replacement within a week again. I got another replacement.
I think it depends on the importer and contact..

anyway i sold the FLX and switched to another brand as the 08 FLX for me was a step back. Not as good 06 and 07..

i now ride a custom which is a bit heavier...

Return to “Kitesurfing”