Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2006 Cabrinha Crossbow questions

Postby Hybridkiter » Sat May 30, 2009 2:57 pm

I only flew it once in 2006 for 10 minutes. I remember:

1. Lots of bar pressure

2. Lots of depower

I think I remember that they can be invert prone when crashed, but I am not sure? I ask because a friend has pretty much a brand new 06 9m that was given to him by a brother that decided not to kite, and he is asking me about the kite.

Anything folks can tell me?

IWB2
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2006 Cabrinha Crossbow questions

Postby IWB2 » Sat May 30, 2009 3:17 pm

The 2006 Xbow was the kite which changed the kiteboarding industry. Today it does not compete, as kites have continued to push the limits, but it still has many traits which make it a very user friendly, and easy to use kite in todays market. So if you can get one for a very good deal and are new to the sport then go for it.....

Pros
Super fast water relaunch (even based on todays standards)
Great windrange (great low end and high end wind range)
Huge air/hangtime
Super stable (7 struts)

Cons
Prone to inversion if rider ends up too far underneath kite (experienced when jumping and not redirecting kite). Those who used the 2006 xbow found it easy to uninvert.
For some riders, it was found to have heavier bar pressure/ less direct feel due to the pulleys on the bar.
Durability - The 2006 xbows were strong enough, but compared to the 2008 and 2009 Cabrinha kites they were less durable.

Return to “Kitesurfing”