Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingy 2009 profire bar on '08 Thruster ?

Forum for kitesurfers
timba15
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingy 2009 profire bar on '08 Thruster ?

Postby timba15 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 am

Think my Eclipse QR is starting to wear out as it unintentionally released yesterday.

Would an '09 slingshot profire bar work on the '08 Thruster, only reason I is asking is because of the CSS safety system on the slingy bar and can't figure it out if it would work with another brands SLE.

Ta !

Anemoi
Rare Poster
Gear: 09 Rev 9m... 09 Shinn 129 and a Shinn Wave.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Slingy 2009 profire bar on '08 Thruster ?

Postby Anemoi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 am

Should do.
All modern kites basically fly with all for lines, (or 5), equal.
As for the CSS, don't see why not at all, as it flags to a single front line. Can't see why any kite wouldn't flag and drop out of the sky.
See if you can borrow someones and test it, including a preempted safe release, whilst powered, in a moderate wind.

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground

Re: Slingy 2009 profire bar on '08 Thruster ?

Postby FabsPH » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:28 am

If it's a 4 line bar, it will work.
Also, you will see and feel thet a bar with a longer throw will work wonders on the thruster.
It's like a new kite.
SS bar, as long as a 4 line bar, will be perfect.
I use the Vari bar on my Thruster now, and it's perfect. Kick ass for wave riding.
PS: to set it up, ise the last knot on the rear lines, closest to the kite. I actually put another knot on the rear lines, same distance as other knots. Hook your lines to that, making sure your lines are all the same length in natural ( CL at bar, sheeted in pos)

Return to “Kitesurfing”