Clew In

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Who's got a Kitemare to share?

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 am

Not mine, and pretty mild but it could have been bad ...

Monday PM, was doing the Walk of Shame - again - and just ahead of me, one of the locals on a 16m Waroo and directional rode right off the water into the shore, nosediving into the sand.
As he went ass over tit, the kite dove into the eye of the power window, powered up (duh) and lobbed him again over the shore towards the trees.
His board, on a leash, went flying after him and I thought he was going to get a pointy bit in his back.
He was, unbelievably, still trying to fly the kite rather than ditch to safety and so he powered it up again - the kite was headed towards a fenced off area that has some skanky-looking pine trees in it.
He bounced again and finally the kite hit the ground and stayed there, lines wrapped in the fence and the kite on it's back in the middle of the trees ...

... what is it with people hanging on for grim death to a kite that's out of control? Seems to me that people get so worried about damaging the kite, they make some stupid calls in the vain hope of a save ...!

Return to “Kitesurfing”