Forum for kitesurfers
Schmidy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Airush
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Airush Compact: New School Wave

Postby Schmidy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:45 am

A write up from Airush designer, Clinton Filen, on the new Compact which is one of the new editions in the wave line up.

http://www.airush.com/blog/designer-cor ... chool-wave

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster
Style: All-around
Gear: Airush

Re: Airush Compact: New School Wave

Postby Kyle_F » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Here is a Go Pro HD test run I shot on the Airush Compact 5'6. More to come....I am really liking this board and the waves are here! :)

Chris1973
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Chris1973 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:00 am

Can you give us some more info about that board?
How floaty is it, i'm about 90kg and i'm looking for a high wind surf board in mainly on-side-on shore (so also choppy) conditions but will this fill in allright? In those conditions you need some float to get past the beach break, will it feel more like a surfboard or more like a directional.
Also how resistant to heel dents - breaks is it? I see more and more manufactures going to wood/bamboo top-bottom layer root for more durability but that's not the case with this board.
When will they be available?

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster

Postby Kyle_F » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:33 pm

The Compact definitely has some float to it. Down the line in sideshore conditions, it feels like you are on a 6'0-6'2 surfboard. The key is the reduced swing-weight. In high wind this board is less likely to get pushed around in the gusts. Normally, in side-shore/ high wind, the nose of your board tends to get pushed down off the back of the waves. I havent felt the Compact do this unless it was rider error. :) In the end you have a board that surfs extremely well but also maneuvers extremely well for aerials. I have riden this board primarily in small to medium size surf. It is definitely my pick for this winter's wave season!

The durability is pretty good as well. No problems after riding at least 50 sessions on it. I weigh 180 lb. I have riden 4m-12m kites with this board. I'm sure you can dent it like any other board but it will take some effort. ;)

I know you can get these by the end of October in the US and Canada. I'm not sure if they are ready elsewhere.

Hopefully that helps.

corey
Rare Poster

Postby corey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Im loving my 5'2
4482669.jpg
4482667.jpg

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster

Postby Kyle_F » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Nice! Have you tried the 5'2 strapless at all?

Return to “Kitesurfing”