Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BWS Test Rider Team

Forum for kitesurfers
manjaca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Torhamn, Sweden
Style: wave riding,big air, cruising, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot REV 13, Slingshot REV 9, Slingshot Rally 10, Tablas Twintip, Slingshot Tyrant 6'2, Crazyfly 5'5 Wave, Mystic Wetsuits, Mystic Firestarter Harnest
Brand Affiliation: None yet. Open for proposals. :)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BWS Test Rider Team

Postby manjaca » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 am

Hi

I month ago or so I talked to a friend of mine about one of the Wave Kite Gurus - mr Ben Wilson. Well I checked out the website and saw the "offer" to apply to this test team thing. I applied and a week ago I got the answer that I was the chosen one ;-) . First I was flattered but then I started to doubt about the deal. Is $999 what I pay for the kite delivered to my home address? What about the shipping and VAT and customs and stuff? Is it sent as a product sample?
My second issue. I just received my brand new SS Rally 10 and a Tyrant 6'2! I ordered this gear just before the application for BWS's Noise. Well I never thought I would get the BWS offer. Now I consider to stick with the offer anyway and replace my SS REV 13 with a Noise 12. I usually ride size 10 or 7 but how is the Noise 12 behaving as a light wind kite?
I ride waves and like oldschool trix like kiteloops front and backloops. I ride unhooked, freestyle and freeride. Not very much wakestyle yet. I am riding twintips as well as surfboards.
Please give me some advice on the BWS test of Noise.
BR/Anders

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: BWS Test Rider Team

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:31 am

it is normal that you have to pay taxes when gear gets shipped to you from abroad.
So make sure they lower the price on the commercial invoice that goes with the shipment...

Charlie d
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BWS Test Rider Team

Postby Charlie d » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:26 pm

I would pretty much like the same question answerd. 999 is all good if that's all I'm paying and the kites and bar is decent. It's still a big commitment without knowing much about it. I look forward to testing it. , but More info please

Return to “Kitesurfing”