Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Spleene Session 2010 - anyone tried/ride it?

Forum for kitesurfers
cabron
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Spleene Session 2010 - anyone tried/ride it?

Postby cabron » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi,

Have you used Spleene's Session 2010 model and what's the verdict then?

Is it a fast board and does it jump well? Other feedback highly appreciated as well!

thanks and good winds!

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Re: Spleene Session 2010 - anyone tried/ride it?

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:33 am

They are one of the best lighter wind or upwind cruiser around along with the
Aboards Glider and Flydoors.

You'll have a blast, Customer Feedback is A+
Just makes Kiteboarding that much better with that extra upwind power.

www.PBKiteboarding.com

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 am

I have one and I like it. It is fast and goes upwind very well. Yes it jumps fine too.

Be aware that it is optimized for light wind and I recommend it mainly for that. Around here it is popular as a second board, where a more normal sized twin tip is used for stronger winds.

:wink: CG

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:25 pm

The Session is an unbelievable light wind/upwind ,machine. It will jump OK, but because of it's "door" shaped outline you need to have your landings perfect otherwise the tips tend to catch. I have a 39 Session that is a little more nimble than the 41 Session, but they do not make the 39 anymore.

If you are looking for a great light wind board that jumps well, handles chop and rides waves better I would suggest you look at the Spleene Rips. They go upwind really well too but are more versatile IMO.

Depending on your weight and low end wind range you can pic a size out of the Rip series that suits you best. I have ridden the HiTechs and the Funtechs, and I was surprised at how efficient the Funtech was. I think the 37Rip goes almost as well in light wind as the 41 Session, but much more fun to ride.

Now with the Hitech RS series you can also get a stiffer flex pattern if you like that.

cabron
Frequent Poster

Postby cabron » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:23 am

hi guys,

thank you very much for the feedback, I was travelling and got into internet just now.

One further question; as I read from the Spleene's website that the 2010 model is much softer flex compared to 2009, does that mean that the 'pop' from the board is muted due to very soft flex? Usually the softer the board, the worse it is when it comes to jumping.

I only need the board for the light wind sessions when we have really flat water so the landings won't be any kind of trouble here. It's just the fastness of the board and board's jumping ability which I have my doubts on.

I hope you would be kind to comment on this as I can't demo the board at all, but I won't blame you either for your feedback. It just would be great to get some info before pulling the trigger...

Good winds to you all! :jump:

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:49 pm

robertovillate wrote:The Session is an unbelievable light wind/upwind ,machine. It will jump OK, but because of it's "door" shaped outline you need to have your landings perfect otherwise the tips tend to catch. I have a 39 Session that is a little more nimble than the 41 Session, but they do not make the 39 anymore.

If you are looking for a great light wind board that jumps well, handles chop and rides waves better I would suggest you look at the Spleene Rips. They go upwind really well too but are more versatile IMO.

Depending on your weight and low end wind range you can pic a size out of the Rip series that suits you best. I have ridden the HiTechs and the Funtechs, and I was surprised at how efficient the Funtech was. I think the 37Rip goes almost as well in light wind as the 41 Session, but much more fun to ride.

Now with the Hitech RS series you can also get a stiffer flex pattern if you like that.

cabron
Frequent Poster

Postby cabron » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:06 pm

yes, but the biggest board is 135x42cm so it's not specifally a light wind board I am after.

Session's concave outline is the one thing that makes it go upwind so easily in marginal conditions so that's I would like to keep the board my number one candidate, but only if it jumps well and by that I mean a good takeoff and pop which would bring high jumps in to equation.

Thanks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”