Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

An Honest Testimonial (Epic Screamer 14)

Forum for kitesurfers
sojopo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tawas, Metro Beach, Michigan, USA
Favorite Beaches: Tawas
Style: noobie
Gear: 12m Cabrinha Convert, OR Mako King
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

An Honest Testimonial (Epic Screamer 14)

Postby sojopo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:25 am

Reading some of the posts here, I wanted to respond, as I'm one of those in the testimonial videos.

I'm a noob, let's be honest. I've been riding since April 2010 and am competent at riding, but nothing fancy, hadn't even jumped before. A friend from NC rides the screamer and raves about it, so I was curious.

While in Hatteras, I phoned Dimitri (basically the ceo of the company) on a whim, asking him if he could bring a demo screamer out to SDA. He was there within an hour, and left us a 14m for about 2 hours to play with. The guy had never met us before and gave me a kite. It's like calling Alan Mulally and asking him if you can demo a 5L Mustang, and he drops one off in your yard, and is fired up about it. Awesome.

Dimitri met me on the beach to land me,and I was totally stoked. I'd NEVER jumped (on purpose) before, and the screamer made it totally easy. And truly, stable. I was expecting a squirrelly kite, powerful and difficult to control, and this thing was rock solid, no backstalling, even I could feel it. So I had a blast, and he says, wait, can I get that on camera, comes back out and prompted me a bit, sure. But only to remember my original words.

So a nice guy, who's working hard, promoting his company and spreading the cool vibe as he goes? I'll take that any day over somebody filled with arrogance or negative criticism. And oh, yeah, Dimitri, I bought one, it's in the mail now, and we're heading to FL for Christmas....

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: An Honest Testimonial

Postby SalmonSlayer » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:53 am

Nothing like you first time staying upwind, jumping, looping to put a HUGE smile on your face.

I will have to try Screamers next time I am in the market for a new kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”