Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Kari Schibevaag grabs another title on snow

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Kari Schibevaag grabs another title on snow

The Norwegian snowkite and kitesurf world champion, Kari Schibevaag (32), once again grabbed the top podium spot and another World Champion title in Italy this weekend. After her victory and title win last year, it was important for Kari to defend her position and advance by competing in both the ski and the snowboard discipline. Unfortunately, the ski discipline was cancelled, leaving it up to Kari to secure the snowboard title of 2011.

- I went to Italy to give everything to defend my title on skis, but also participate in the snowboard discipline as best I could. This is a new discipline for me and I was not sure I could reach the top placement, but that worked out fine, Kari smiles.
Kari participated for the first time ever on a snowboard in Snowkite Master in France in this January, and surprised both herself and the judges by grabbing the snowkite master title. Kari is now focusing on training and competing in both disciplines for the future.

- I am glad I had time to practice on the board back in Norway between the competitions, especially when the ski discipline got cancelled. I am sad that there's a lack of girls competing in the ski discipline and I hope that this will pick up in the future. For now I'll have to keep working that board, Kari says. It turned out really well in Italy, and I was stoked when they called my name for the first place. Becoming a world champion on snowboard means a lot to me, and it gave the start of the year that extra little boost that I needed to be completely ON it for the rest of the year. Fantastic start!

Kari is on her way home to Norway to re-pack her suitcase with surfboards and bikinis, heading to South Africa for wave training. She's taking a break from the snow, getting ready for a new season on water, with more title wins in mind.

Please visit Kari's website www.kariland.com for more pictures and reports.
Attachments
Kari 1.jpg
Kari 2.jpg
Kari 3.JPG

Windzup
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skyline and Strawbs
Favorite Beaches: Any Mountain with snow and wind.
Style: funky
Gear: my favorite kite
Brand Affiliation: NONE, Be yourself and fly what you like... I do like Ozone People tho!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kari Schibevaag grabs another title on snow

Postby Windzup » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Go Kari!! Congrats again!

You are such a talented athlete to kite so strong on both the snow and the water... must be that Viking blood. :thumb:

Windzup,
Brian Schenck

www.FlyOzoneUSA.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”