The forum for wave kiters.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:01 am
- Kiting since: 2010
- Local Beach: Oceano
- Favorite Beaches: Oceano, Namotu, Tuamotus, Tahiti, Fiji
- Style: Unstrapped
- Gear: Ben wilson and RRD
- Brand Affiliation: Ben Wilson Surf
Hi i have a regular 5'10 alternator and i have been starting to kitesurf on it because it feels better. As most of you know firewires are some of the lightest boards out there and i have been smacked in the face before by it and i dont know weather to put up with it just because its my regular board or just use my 5'11 FireWire kiteboard. I like the reg firewire because its light but i dont know if it is too light for regular wind
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:37 pm
- Kiting since: 2006
- Style: strapless
Its not too light...just won't last. We built the FW's for kiting stronger for a reason...the kiteboards can only get lighter....hint hint.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 2646
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 1998
- Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
- Style: wave
- Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
- Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish
- Location: Mauritius, waterman since 1960
Built to fly,.......
but not to land !
Return to “Wave Kite”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: wingnut and 1 guest