Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cab bar on Flite

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Cab bar on Flite

Postby matth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:40 am

I am thinking of trying to use my 2013, 65cm, Cabrinha bar on my 15m Ocean Rodeo flite. I like the Cab bar better and I think the wider width will make this kite turn faster. It seems like it would work fine to me. Both have a similar height for the y split, flag off the two front bridal lines, and seem to me to have a very similar rollover type bridal. OR claims you can use their freestyle bar , which looks to have about the same amount of adjustment.

What do you think?

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Re: Cab bar on Flite

Postby matthepp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 am

Matt,
I think you'd be fine. I just got my 15 Flite in the mail, and plan on building up a bar out of extra Cab parts. Can you tell me the mini 5th throw distance?
Thx,
Matt Hepp

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 am

I used my 60cm 2011 Cab bar on the 17.5 Flite, before the Freeride arrived. The Cabrinha bar actually has a longer safety than the Freeride bar, so it'll be fine.

The kite IMO turns fast enough as it is - on the "lightest/fastest" setting, you can actually rotate the kite around its central axis if you haul on the bar! Think it'll be good for light-wind directional riding... I use the middle steering setting cos I find the lightest too light and vague... the kite is fast enough that you can get a nasty surprise if you're not paying attention :D

That's the 2013 Flite though, with 4 struts.

The reasons I prefer the Freeride bar is the stopper, and how everything that could wear (depower line, leader lines) you can replace from your local sailing store. The Cab bar has 6 separate parts between CL and front lines :o and some of them are out of stock for ever.

One upgrade I'd make to the bar would be a Mutiny swivel... but it's not necessary except for bling factor :D

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:04 am

matth#2 - I can measure it, if you need...

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Postby matthepp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Kami,
That'd be great. I have an idea to build a bar 'dirtbag style' bar for rollover-type bridled kites using a purcell prussik for both the trim strap and depower. Stupid simple...

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:50 am

Finally got around to this the other day :o

From the center of the pulley at the swivel, to the top of the bar when it's against the CL (ie. powered) is exactly 280cm.

Return to “Kitesurfing”