Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: strapless aerial

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:24 pm

foilholio wrote:It does look rather relaxing. I bet Toby is jealous HAHAHA. It looks very similar to tomo's or tomo clones. In reality channels don't do a huge amount, except they may boost 2017 sales. HAHAHA. It will be a custom there is no way you can do good airs on production boards. Arrr the marketing lies :-)
not jealous at all. On my level I am happy about any new ideas. Looks very cool!
Good to see progression in other disciplines too.

More to come ;-)

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:51 pm

I meant in an air hammock time type of way, jealous that your tiny twintip must be so uncomfortable up there:-P You need a surfboard to catch those ZZzz up there.

NorCalNomad
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco
Gear: Why should it matter?
Has thanked: 0

Postby NorCalNomad » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:47 pm

foilholio wrote:It does look rather relaxing. I bet Toby is jealous HAHAHA. It looks very similar to tomo's or tomo clones. In reality channels don't do a huge amount, except they may boost 2017 sales. HAHAHA. It will be a custom there is no way you can do good airs on production boards. Arrr the marketing lies :-)
It's too bad you don't understand the physics of how surfboards work, or how to do "good airs on production boards"
kenn f poulsen wrote:kazumasurfboards.com can easy make one for u.. i got 2 of them.. best board u can get :D
It's funny how he shits on big names who have gotten so successful that there is no way they can't automate production...then copies their shapes. :roll: He does make a quality product though.
FLandOBX wrote:kiterocky, who is that rider? I am impressed by any big strapless air, but when it's done unhooked, you have my undivided attention. I wonder if he landed that trick? :thumb:
There is a video of Airton doing a CLEAN 360 bs handlepass on his surfboard, pretty mental.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:22 am

NorCalNomad wrote: It's too bad you don't understand the physics of how surfboards work, or how to do "good airs on production boards"
I understand them perfectly, there is a reason pro surfers have been known to break 80 boards a year. A lot of the pro surf kiters are riding custom constructions that look like production run boards. Sure some production boards are ok, especially in more recent years, but just don't get frustrated if you can't do similar tricks as you see the pros do. I see guys trying and never succeeding on the big name boards, their boards are very hard to impossible to do this stuff on. Typical bait and switch marketing BS.

Airton is very talented but he is hardly the first to be doing handle passes strapless. Felix is also one of many.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:21 am

From what I can see.. most bizarre channels design I ever saw - makes no sense whatsoever - especially with this design.

Production boards suck IMO - all too heavy.

I think vanguard style boards boards suck for wave riding - tail way too wide even with split (other than for small waves lighter wind) but actually work quite well for strapless freestyle. = all the ones i tried have been way too heavy though. I am highly skilled at snapping surfboards unfortunately so it's a double edged sword.

U got inegra in those kazuma boards - what layup? how they hold up

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:25 am

longwhitecloud wrote: Production boards suck IMO - all too heavy.
The man is wise :-)

I find vanguards aren't too bad at surfing, but for jumping or freestyle they are awesome though as you say. For me getting to know how unusual boards surf takes many many sessions. It certainly helps having experience on things like skims or a wide array of boards, knowing foot placement and moving feet can be the key to getting the most from a board.

Board strengths are improving vastly in the last 10years. Use of better technologies and materials is becoming more widespread. Sub 2kg boards are wicked to ride.

kenn f poulsen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: jomfrugaard
Favorite Beaches: Lanes on maui :o)
Style: wave
Gear: Neo- kazumasurfboards
Been thanked: 0

Postby kenn f poulsen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:44 pm

all i say is.. i will never surf standard production board again.. i got some mitu pro`s and naish boards.. broke one mitu.. and my kazuma hold up perfect. and u can get in the right size for u... and the team riders dont surf on standard boards.. just painted and put some stickers on it.. and for hardcore rippers.. i say the milkman is the shit...

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:01 pm

kenn f poulsen wrote:all i say is.. i will never surf standard production board again.. i got some mitu pro`s and naish boards.. broke one mitu.. and my kazuma hold up perfect. and u can get in the right size for u... and the team riders dont surf on standard boards.. just painted and put some stickers on it.. and for hardcore rippers.. i say the milkman is the shit...
66kg rider. Had 2 Milkman pro (polyester). Not particularly light (3.5kg/5'8'') and did not last very long. Excellent shape!

kenn f poulsen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: jomfrugaard
Favorite Beaches: Lanes on maui :o)
Style: wave
Gear: Neo- kazumasurfboards
Been thanked: 0

Postby kenn f poulsen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:09 pm

polyester!!???? why... i got it with carbon and tecnova deck.. 5,7- 2,4kg. loved and never go back on bored bad shaped standard produktions boards..

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:20 am

Jumping on a 2.4kg vs a 3.5kg board will be mind blowing. Polyester :nono: too weak too heavy not for jumping.

Return to “Kitesurfing”