Re: Modern wave kite

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:15 pm

DWX wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 am
Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:06 am
DWX wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm

No idea what you are saying, but with all the zombies out there it's hard to know when to inoculate
Haha autocorrect fixed Libtard.

That was what I was taking about.
Oh, I see... well, I used the word twice, I think, once w ref to Tyler Durden (ancient pop history) & once in ref to an educational system. These aren’t political references, unless YOU make them

I can’t believe I have to explain this... maybe what got you confused is the fact that the educational system I referred to is extremely politicized, but that’s not my problem, not anymore.

And they were addressed to Starsky specifically!!!
What's all that got to do with wave kites? :roll:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Starsky » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 pm

DWX wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 am
What you are saying is very different from what Starsky is saying! I was annoyed by the fact that he is inventing a seemingly authoritative or authoritarian history of the kite and blocking discussion of the real issues of performance and safety. Not his fault! They taught him to cheat like that in school! (See above discussion)

I did say the faster kites are for pros (I even know pros who prefer delta on the wave), but we aren’t all at that level and someone who hasn’t kited since 2007, the person who started the thread, certainly isn’t at that level. It’s like putting a beginner on a short board, if you want to compare to surfing! Tvey won’t learn and will give up in frustration.

Let’s try to stick with lived experience & what the other person really needs!

Please respond to what’s being asked. Entertaining comments are great fun and a good laugh, but misinformation about kite material is not entertaining. It’s mildly dangerous.
Sorry, it really does come down to reading comprehension. You enter the thread bashing my input, yet don't seem to understand it: A thumbnail sketch of wave kite evolution based on lived experience in direct response to the OP. Straightforward advice specifically on how wave kites have evolved since 2007.

I didn't write a treaties on the history of kites nor did I block discussion. Nor did I misinform, as you have by repeating that certain kites are best suited to pro riders when they are not. They are simply genre specific. Our OP is not a pro, but he's not a newb either. Again, a little reading comprehension and you'd know he's comfy enough strapless, and wants advice on kites to help him go that route. He threw out that he is on Rev's for comparison.

Do you know anything about Rev's? What if someone says they are on Links, or Sonics, or Wooks? They aren't core so your likely not interested, but it was pretty key to the discussion. You reference music, movies and education. None of which are pertinent. You repeatedly let us know Core are the only brand you've used, and apparently ever intend to. Pretty much by definition, that lacks objectivity.

With comments like:
DWX wrote:
I'm not familiar with tech specs, nor do I care. I think I said that 🤔 Tech talk is so boring and unsexy and makes you sound like dweebs. Sorry! Just trying to introduce some aesthetics and maybe alert you to the fact this isn't interesting to the ladies!

Most of us have picked up on the fact you lack a good deal of understanding too.

I have no beef with you. Your mildly entertaining in a wasteland of boring and lame, so in fact your welcome here, but don't kid yourself. It's not a grudge. It's just your input is sometimes mildly dangerous and benefits from a little context.

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️
Been thanked: 0

Postby DWX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Starsky wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 pm
DWX wrote:
What you are saying is very different from what Starsky is saying! I was annoyed by the fact that he is inventing a seemingly authoritative or authoritarian history of the kite and blocking discussion of the real issues of performance and safety. Not his fault! They taught him to cheat like that in school! (See above discussion)

I did say the faster kites are for pros (I even know pros who prefer delta on the wave), but we aren’t all at that level and someone who hasn’t kited since 2007, the person who started the thread, certainly isn’t at that level. It’s like putting a beginner on a short board, if you want to compare to surfing! Tvey won’t learn and will give up in frustration.

Please respond to what’s being asked. Entertaining comments are great fun and a good laugh, but misinformation about kite material is not entertaining. It’s mildly dangerous.
Sorry, it really does come down to reading comprehension. You enter the thread bashing my input, yet don't seem to understand it: A thumbnail sketch of wave kite evolution based on lived experience in direct response to the OP. Straightforward advice specifically on how wave kites have evolved since 2007.

I didn't write a treaties on the history of kites nor did I block discussion. Nor did I misinform, as you have by repeating that certain kites are best suited to pro riders when they are not. They are simply genre specific. Our OP is not a pro, but he's not a newb either. Again, a little reading comprehension and you'd know he's comfy enough strapless, and wants advice on kites to help him go that route. He threw out that he is on Rev's for comparison.

Do you know anything about Rev's? What if someone says they are on Links, or Sonics, or Wooks? They aren't core so your likely not interested, but it was pretty key to the discussion. You reference music, movies and education. None of which are pertinent. You repeatedly let us know Core are the only brand you've used, and apparently ever intend to. Pretty much by definition, that lacks objectivity.

With comments like:
DWX wrote:
I'm not familiar with tech specs, nor do I care. I think I said that 🤔 Tech talk is so boring and unsexy and makes you sound like dweebs. Sorry! Just trying to introduce some aesthetics and maybe alert you to the fact this isn't interesting to the ladies!

Most of us have picked up on the fact you lack a good deal of understanding too.

I have no beef with you. Your mildly entertaining in a wasteland of boring and lame, so in fact your welcome here, but don't kid yourself. It's not a grudge. It's just your input is sometimes mildly dangerous and benefits from a little context.

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Starsky wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 pm
DWX wrote:

With comments like:
DWX wrote:

I have no beef with you. Your mildly entertaining in a wasteland of boring and lame, so in fact your welcome here, but don't kid yourself. It's not a grudge. It's just your input is sometimes mildly dangerous and requires a little contextualizing.
Why bother with anything else if you got a Mercedes?

You don’t have first hand knowledge of any of these kites either... you are an internet junkie with insufficient education and a dweeb at that. You history is incorrect! Nobody abandoned boosters as you erroneously suggested (you didn’t do your internet research!) And you wrote the post to strut your internet BS NOT to help anyone. You are a fake!

Oh and I’m flattered you keep quoting me and referring to my posts years after I posted them.

Seriously dude, go kiting. You sound like a little whiny jerry.

I asked you to bury the hatchet bit you wouldn’t let your tentacles rest!

Where is the discussion about kite shape and safety? I really don’t care about all your Toyota’s and Honda’s and every crap brand out there. Thatso cheap. Nomenclature isn’t important. You are just name dropping, puffing yourself up with bs! What makes them important is their make, safety, performance and durability. Your crap brands fall apart in 2 intense seasons, unless u keep em in the closet and internet surf instead, like you do!

You are the one who made yourself sooooo important by referring to Aaron Hadlow in every post when he was KoTA’s chosen darling. I speak from lived experience and only ppl I know!

You are a fake!

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:15 pm
DWX wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 am
Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:06 am

Haha autocorrect fixed Libtard.

That was what I was taking about.
Oh, I see... well, I used the word twice, I think, once w ref to Tyler Durden (ancient pop history) & once in ref to an educational system. These aren’t political references, unless YOU make them

I can’t believe I have to explain this... maybe what got you confused is the fact that the educational system I referred to is extremely politicized, but that’s not my problem, not anymore.

And they were addressed to Starsky specifically!!!
What's all that got to do with wave kites? :roll:
Ask yourself! It was YOUR question 🙄

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Can I ask everyone here a question: why is it you have zero interest in learning what makes one brand good? Or are you suckers for cheap brands that will rip you off and never even bother to live up to the market leaders?

Economically, this is very strange behavior....

Usually the current market leader — Naish in the 2000s, North, Cabrinha, Core this decade — pushes other brands to perform better, that’s what drives competition, quality, and better prices!!!

I don’t understand why some keep bashing market leaders and have zero curiosity about what makes them desirable.

BigZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Central California Coast
Favorite Beaches: Jalama Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Wave kites,
Surfboards, surfboards, and more surfboards ...

Did I say surfboards ?

Postby BigZ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:01 pm

DWX wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:35 pm

I speak from lived experience and only ppl I know!

And how much experience do you have to comment and advise on dedicated, modern wave kites, which is a topic of this thread.

How long have you been kiting strapless in waves? This is what the OP wants to do.

Have you ever surfed? The OP has extensive surfing background.

How many different wave kites have you used in your "long" 3 year kitesurfing career?

How many 2007/9 era kites have you tried? The OP asked for feedback comparing them to modern wave kites.

If you don't have significant experience in any of these areas than your answers contribute nothing to the thread. Even worse, you can put people who would take your advise as valid at danger. And supposedly, you care so much about safety.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:29 pm

She got rolled on the reef in Brazil once. A local/pro saved her. Scared the shit outta her.

Thats gotta count for something right?

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:42 pm

DWX wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Why bother with anything else if you got a Mercedes?

You don’t have first hand knowledge of any of these kites either... you are an internet junkie with insufficient education and a dweeb at that. You history is incorrect! Nobody abandoned boosters as you erroneously suggested (you didn’t do your internet research!) And you wrote the post to strut your internet BS NOT to help anyone. You are a fake!

Oh and I’m flattered you keep quoting me and referring to my posts years after I posted them.

Seriously dude, go kiting. You sound like a little whiny jerry.

I asked you to bury the hatchet bit you wouldn’t let your tentacles rest!

Where is the discussion about kite shape and safety? I really don’t care about all your Toyota’s and Honda’s and every crap brand out there. Thatso cheap. Nomenclature isn’t important. You are just name dropping, puffing yourself up with bs! What makes them important is their make, safety, performance and durability. Your crap brands fall apart in 2 intense seasons, unless u keep em in the closet and internet surf instead, like you do!

You are the one who made yourself sooooo important by referring to Aaron Hadlow in every post when he was KoTA’s chosen darling. I speak from lived experience and only ppl I know!

You are a fake!
I think Starksy's got a thing for you DWX. I've never seen him so polite & patient with someone posting (& re-posting) such an unremitting bunch of uninformed rubbish.
Last edited by Flyboy on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:42 pm

:remybussi:

Return to “Kitesurfing”