Vader performance but tougher?

Forum for kitesurfers
lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns
Brand Affiliation: None

Vader performance but tougher?

Postby lewmt » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:28 pm

I have a 5'1 Vader & love the board. Seems to respond in every way I want it to & has helped me progress wave skills since I got it. Only problem seems to be durability. Since I hit a submerged rock I was thinking about a replacement but looking for something with really similar performance & better durability? Obviously its not the boards fault on the rock but I was seeing other durability issues before this happened. Any suggestions?

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Re: Vader performance but tougher?

Postby BudhaNl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Outside of custom you may find it hard to replace the Vader with something that's built thougher but has similar performance. Do you have the kite construction version? I had the Vanguard in kite construction, and it was though as nails. A VW Golf (early generation) once drove over the front section and that didn't damage anything (had it checked by a local board builder/repair).

Now moved to a DSD Stallion, comparable performance to the Vader I've been told (no direct experience myself), built though as well but different feel.

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Re: Vader performance but tougher?

Postby lewmt » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Had 2 holes (smallish) punched in the top while travelling....impossible to say what happened but 1 was punched clean through my travel bag + Dakine board bag. Maybe its nothing to do with the board & is a victim of strange circumstances. Are the new Helium models much different - other than being lighter? Any real gain in performance. I'd have to guess with lighter weight there is some sacrifice in durability?

Return to “Kitesurfing”