Thruster improvements...??

Forum for kitesurfers
hebrew_hammer
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thruster improvements...??

Postby hebrew_hammer » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:36 pm

i was just wondering what you guys at eclipse did to the thrusters for 08. what exactly has changed about them...i hope not much, i am the proud owner of a 10 and 16 thruster and loved them. I had a chance to ride am 9m hp and was amazed at how well that kite looped, super solid and no flapping at all. it felt nicer than my 10m 07 thruster but i'm holding out till i get a chance to ride the 08's to make my final decision.

HJ11
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby HJ11 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14 pm

9m2 HP :think:

What is wrong with your 07 Thruster 10m2 because i love it

eastcoastkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Gilgo NY/ Jockeys ridge OBX
Style: waves, freestyle, freeride
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse Kiteboarding www.eclipsekites.com

Postby eastcoastkite » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:27 am

You just have to ride the 2008 kites to feel the difference. We have made allot of refinement and changes to our entire kite line in order to give you a better experience. If you like the HT then you should try the nano 9m if you want a kite looping machine. :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:55 pm

I had 11 different riders that tried the new ECLIPSE KITES yesterday. It was not very windy 12 to 18 mph, so they were able to test the 16 and 14 THRUSTER. Even one rider tried the NANO 12 in these conditions.
Two of these riders already owned 07 Thruster & Nano. The other 9 had other brands. Now out of these 11 people, all of them were very very impressed with the kites. They loved the way they were flying, the construction and quality and the looks of the kites. Actually 3 of them wanted to buy the kite on the spot.
Now the other 2 riders that were on the 07 ECLIPSE kites were totally impressed with the 08. From what I understand, they said that they love their 07 kites but now that they tried th 2008 they thought that they flew even better then the 07 but still had the same speed, same hang time and maybe a little more but they where Rock solid and smoother in the turns. And they could not believe the construction on these kites.
Even one customer after seeing the kites and testing them his reply was: "these kites look very expensive" My answer to that was: Not at all. The price is bellow most of the brands out there.
:thumb:

Panosher
Rare Poster

Postby Panosher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:31 pm

eastcoastkite wrote:You just have to ride the 2008 kites to feel the difference. We have made allot of refinement and changes to our entire kite line in order to give you a better experience. If you like the HT then you should try the nano 9m if you want a kite looping machine. :thumb:
Since i am plan to get at least one eclipse kite, maybe two ,i want to know witch one is better for freestyle.

Also because i think i prefer Nano i want to know the low end of Nano 12 !

Thank you in advanced !

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool and Como.
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Waddell
Tarifa
Gear: Follow the Rabbits
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby Rossall » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:49 pm

Well if the nano 9 08 is anything to go by the 12 mtr will be superb.

phil

GMan
Medium Poster

Postby GMan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:52 am

Hola Dimitri,

I was going through your site and went into the purchase area for the Thruster and it only goes up the size 14... you still have the 16 right?

Thanks
G

P.S. I hope that as soon as it get windier here, you will bring a couple to Foka so that we can try them out...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:26 am

The web site that is on is the 2007 web site. The new 2008 ECLIPSE web site will be up and running this weekend. You will see all the new gear pictures and videos.
Now concerning the Free style kite. You can't go wrong with any of them NANO 12 or THRUSTER 12. Personally I like the THRUSTER 12 better then the NANO 12 because it is faster and it has more hang time. So for what I do I like the THRUSTER. But if you are more into Wave riding or Wake style go with the NANO and the NANO 12 will be good in winds (12 to 20 knots) on a Normal Twin Tip board.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:53 pm

THRUSTER PICTURES.
Attachments
THRUSTER in line 2 small.jpg
THRUSTER in line 2 small.jpg (124.63 KiB) Viewed 1323 times

nyckiteboarder
Medium Poster

Postby nyckiteboarder » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:52 pm

IMHO the 9M Nano is the easiest kiteloping machine there is! i rode the 9M 08' proto about a month ago and nailed more kiteloops, in one session, than i have in my entire years of kiting. if you want to kiteloop easily then i doubt there's a better kite out there for it. right now i am flying another brand of kites that i really like but i still say the 9M Nano is an amazingly fun amd user friendly kite. i haven't really tried the other sizes or the new Thrusters although i loved my 16M 2007 Thruster. Not much room for improvement except getting rid of the toggle on the bar and replacing it with a moving stopper ball but that's just my take on it. the addition of one pump was a good move too.

Return to “Kitesurfing”