Favorite Beaches: Naxos - mikri vigla
Style: joyride- waveride
Gear: naish helix'es sol2 008
Brand Affiliation: NAISH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cource race trainnign sugestions

Postby tavern » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:53 am

Hello to all. I was wondering if someone wants to train for course racing what would be the most appropriate type of training to do in order to have the best results in the least of time????

thanks, Dimitri

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Cource race trainnign sugestions

Postby Toby » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:09 am

your body needs to be fit.

Do jogging and exercises, very important.

Gear is the most important factor!
Test kites and boards until you found the best for you...do also look out for what the current racers are riding...

Train to go upwind, train how to start, train how to jibe the directional boards...then do as many races as possible to get the according experience...you will see, after some races you have a very good idea about what is important.

Good luck! :thumb:

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:20 am

I've been trying to take my race board out in both lite and high winds, and experimenting with the foot strap placements to find the fastest set up possible. Having your weight to the stern of the hull seems to be the fastest, but it also takes the most amount of effort to keep the board trimmed right..
The legs and the core muscles like your abs and lower back seem to take the most strain, but really everything needs to be strong and tight to keep it on course, especially in heavy conditions.
Something that builds strength, stamina and balance with out a lot of impact would be best.
I've found that mountain biking works well for me.
I just got a GPS, and I'm going to try and use it to fine tune my form even more on the water.

Good luck dude! 8)

thehand
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby thehand » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:14 am

Treino para Course Race, para competição o ideal é a propria competição, quanto mais voce compete mais voce irá largar melhor, saberá a quilha certa para o percurso certo, o kite ideal para o vento na hora em fim saberá escolher o melhor material. E quanto a preparo fisico nao dar para deixar de lado a academia, pegue um preparador fisico e mande ele estudar oque voce irá precisar, que será isometria. Equipamentos o ideal é ter 2 pranchas, e varias quilhas de varios tamanhos e agulações e iclinações diferentes.

Return to “Kitesurfing”