Now that racing board R&D has settled down a little bit in terms of what type of board works and which doesn't, I think the next point to consider is fins design:
- how many and why? two? four? More than four????
- How deep? any advantage in carrying two 30 cm. salami-chopper-blades?
- How much angle? or... how flat must the board go on the water?
- Curved for the outer face and flat for the inner face, or both curved, or even convexe outer ace and slightly concave inner face?
- Clean, knife-like-cutting fin end or slightly rounder and safer for the rider fin ends?
- How stiff? hard for maximum upwind lift or soft for maximum downwind control?
- Any finbox standard to be set? Future is fine but seems weaker than others and, as it is a thin box, does not allow the fin to be at greater angle than 15Âº. US Box let's the rider try different fin placements back and forth. Once the fin is in it's optimum place, Mini tuttle seems the best to me.
Let's go technical.
At least where I live it's cold and the racing calendar is far away yet
Let's open a thread about fins, if you think it's worth it.