Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Big Bay, Cape Town
Style: cruising and jumping
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Kitesurfing at Campione on Lake Garda, Italy

Postby North_Wind » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:55 am

Just back from a weekend trip. This is a lovely spot but with a sketchy launch and cliffs downwind with only a small exit point, so not for beginners.

Does anyone know how the contact someone who speaks English and is involved in the club at Campione? I would like to know for next time.

I wanted to do everything right so I approached several people at the launch spot to ask about the club, paying the Euro 10 / day rescue cover fee, etc. No-one seemed to know who was in charge and told me just to get on with it and get out there. Then at the last second on launch a guy asked me if I was a member and got hostile when I said I was not.

Not sure what more I could have done.

Anyhow, had lovely session and did a downwinder over a few kilometres with a few other kiters. We got out at a boat ramp (you ditch the kite, pack down and swim in) and then hitched back up. The other guys were really cool and funny; only sad that I spoke no Italian and they almost no English so we had fun trying to get a hitch back up (eventually successful - thanks Mr. Nice Windsurfer) but without being able to speak at length.

Cool spot for those who are OK with sketchy launches, rock walls to the side and packing down/swimming out.

Does anyone know the name of the place we got out? It is so small that it is not featured on maps. It is where the galleria (tunnel) comes out for a short stretch. Upwind, the windsurfers are rigging and then there is just this tiny boat ramp with a sign saying KITE where you drop the kite, pack and swim in.

BA

BA

Return to “Kitesurfing”