Fins...it is getting crazy!

Forum for kitesurfers
MKM
Frequent Poster
Gear: tons...
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha & Dakine

Re: Fins...it is getting crazy!

Postby MKM » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:11 pm

It looks like Bruno killed it again on the Crossbow and Alex board. In looking at the boards at this PKRA race, it's clear that they are a bit behind the crew that raced in Mexico. The worlds will be a great event.

We are working hard to get a few of the guys on the Cab race kites at the worlds. By all accounts this kite provides an extra gear with even better range and super consistent stability. It will come with a trick or two as well. Anything better than the current design should be pretty impressive give the current results already. Hopefully the production race board will be available shortly after the worlds as well. This being said, I'm sure we will see a few special changes on boards before the big event.

Damo was running pretty small fins compared to myself and others on the Alex boards in MX and crushed it up wind. Since then we have actually gone in a slightly different direction and have realized some serious gains in a new, somewhat smaller fin design that we just tested. The new design seems to gain the same angle up wind, but with a little more speed. Down wind it is far faster and is much easier on the legs. The very large fins that Gebi no doubt saw on my and Bruno's boards in Mex were great, be we did have problems when fast footing was required. I'm sure others are messing with this as well. I'm sure pics won't be on the net until after the worlds as these guys are playing possum! I can't wait to see video from PKRA soon.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Fins...it is getting crazy!

Postby ronnie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:48 pm

MKM wrote:It looks like Bruno killed it again on the Crossbow and Alex board. In looking at the boards at this PKRA race, it's clear that they are a bit behind the crew that raced in Mexico. The worlds will be a great event.

We are working hard to get a few of the guys on the Cab race kites at the worlds. By all accounts this kite provides an extra gear with even better range and super consistent stability. It will come with a trick or two as well. Anything better than the current design should be pretty impressive give the current results already. Hopefully the production race board will be available shortly after the worlds as well. This being said, I'm sure we will see a few special changes on boards before the big event.

Damo was running pretty small fins compared to myself and others on the Alex boards in MX and crushed it up wind. Since then we have actually gone in a slightly different direction and have realized some serious gains in a new, somewhat smaller fin design that we just tested. The new design seems to gain the same angle up wind, but with a little more speed. Down wind it is far faster and is much easier on the legs. The very large fins that Gebi no doubt saw on my and Bruno's boards in Mex were great, be we did have problems when fast footing was required. I'm sure others are messing with this as well. I'm sure pics won't be on the net until after the worlds as these guys are playing possum! I can't wait to see video from PKRA soon.

10 bullets out of 10 for Bruno. He even won when he had been held up at the start and later ran into a plastic bag. I guess some of the top riders are concentrating on preparing for the World Championship.

Sami seems to think Bruno is quick.

Return to “Kitesurfing”