Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airush Monaro V2

Forum for everyone who is into racing and speeding on kites.


PriitL
Rare Poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 am
Kiting since: 2001
Brand Affiliation: None

Airush Monaro V2

Postby PriitL » Tue May 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Is it available in europa shops?Any reviews?

toober
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:44 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: best rights in california, with great left sandbars!
Favorite Beaches: now why would i go and do a thing like that?
Style: barrel riding
Gear: twinfin surfboards, skim for flat, tow quad for heavy waves and maybe some loopies
Brand Affiliation: Pleskunas

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby toober » Wed May 19, 2010 1:25 am

Yo PriitL-

What sort of information are you after?

I have been helping develop the Monaro here in California for the past few months and could give you a good idea of the boards. Shoot me over any questions you have and i'll let you know all that I know.

Cameron Biehl

PriitL
Rare Poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 am
Kiting since: 2001
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby PriitL » Wed May 19, 2010 11:13 am

Hi,

Just looking for my first raceboard.Not many production boards available now,only North Ltd and Monaro.Monaro is quite wide and maybe too hard to ride with high winds(my weight 72kg).Any info about shops where it is available would be great too.

priit

enid
Rare Poster
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby enid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 pm

toober wrote:Yo PriitL-

What sort of information are you after?

I have been helping develop the Monaro here in California for the past few months and could give you a good idea of the boards. Shoot me over any questions you have and i'll let you know all that I know.

Cameron Biehl



Hi Cameron!

I have not noticed any reports (results) about racing with the Monaro V2? What is the the speed of this board compared to other race boards? I wonder if the size of the board (60cm wide) makes the speed of the board slower. :?: :!:

My second question is if it is better to put longer finns (22cm) in front or in back position? Former generation of Monaro which had different finns´ angles had longer finns in front position?! :?: If longer finns are in front then the board should turn easier, I think. And what about the upwind angle and the speed?!
Last edited by enid on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3522
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby ronnie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Its strange that with this board and the Sector, which may be coming into a growing market and thus potentially sell well, Airush seem very slow about actually marketing it.

It may be for sale, but I wonder if they actually have any available for delivery or delivered?

http://www.windance.com/airush-2010-mon ... -6502.html
Attachments
Airush_10_MonaroV2.jpg
Airush_10_MonaroV2.jpg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 2077 times

PeterP
Medium Poster
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:38 am

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby PeterP » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:37 am

Ronnie - I think the Monaro is only being shipped out now and would imagine marketing will start.

I've been riding a combo of Monaro v2 and Sector 52 in all the races we had in SA summer and once I got used to the boards (I had never ridden a raceboard prior to December last year) I started winning the last handful of races on the Monaro in up to 25knots and on the Sector over 25 knots of wind.

We only had North Ltd's and one RRD Race 50 as other production raceboards, rest were using customs, waveboards an TT's. The Monaro v2 is faster than both (as is Sector when over 30knots).

But you need to ride the boards to get familiar with them, both have a magic angle which may ellude you at first, but when you find it and learn how to hold it the boards just fly. First couple of races I actually went backwards.

enid
Rare Poster
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby enid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:06 am

enid wrote:
enid wrote:My second question is if it is better to put longer finns (22cm) in front or in back position? Former generation of Monaro which had different finns´ angles had longer finns in front position?! If longer finns are in front then the board should turn easier, I think. And what about the upwind angle and the speed?!



Hi Peter!

What about finns` position and upwind angle and speed? Can you give any comments regarding your experiences?

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3522
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby ronnie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 am

PeterP wrote:Ronnie - I think the Monaro is only being shipped out now and would imagine marketing will start.

I've been riding a combo of Monaro v2 and Sector 52 in all the races we had in SA summer and once I got used to the boards (I had never ridden a raceboard prior to December last year) I started winning the last handful of races on the Monaro in up to 25knots and on the Sector over 25 knots of wind.

We only had North Ltd's and one RRD Race 50 as other production raceboards, rest were using customs, waveboards an TT's. The Monaro v2 is faster than both (as is Sector when over 30knots).

But you need to ride the boards to get familiar with them, both have a magic angle which may ellude you at first, but when you find it and learn how to hold it the boards just fly. First couple of races I actually went backwards.


Thanks Peter,

Good thing Airush have you. Your feedback is very useful regarding the light wind directionals.

PeterP
Medium Poster
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:38 am

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby PeterP » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 am

Enid - I've been running 22's in front and 18 in back on both boards - I now have a wider based version of these on Monaro which seem to give a little low-end performance.

I have no idea of my upwind angles on Monaro other than that it's equal to or better than both Ltd an RRD Race 50 with better speed . On the Sector 52 I'm pointing slightly lower but going much faster on upwind leg so still seem to get to top buoy same or ahead. Downwind the Sector is kick-ass fast, even on the reach.

Monaro doesn't feel nearly as fast off the wind, but don't be fooled, once you learn to keep the power down it really goes - but be prepared to go over handle-bars a few times. Now I've learned the harder you ride it the more stable it becomes, dither and it will chuck you off

enid
Rare Poster
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Monaro V2

Postby enid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 pm

PeterP wrote:Enid - I've been running 22's in front and 18 in back on both boards - I now have a wider based version of these on Monaro which seem to give a little low-end performance.

I have no idea of my upwind angles on Monaro other than that it's equal to or better than both Ltd an RRD Race 50 with better speed . On the Sector 52 I'm pointing slightly lower but going much faster on upwind leg so still seem to get to top buoy same or ahead. Downwind the Sector is kick-ass fast, even on the reach.

Monaro doesn't feel nearly as fast off the wind, but don't be fooled, once you learn to keep the power down it really goes - but be prepared to go over handle-bars a few times. Now I've learned the harder you ride it the more stable it becomes, dither and it will chuck you off



Peter,

thank you very much. I hope I will prove soon with the GPS and get exact data.


Return to “Kiteracer”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron