Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trigger 6'1"

Postby Nico » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:44 am

Hi all.
Its been a while since I have a stoke feeling like this one, so had to post.
Got my hands on the 2001 Cabrinha wave board The trigger 6'1" a few weeks back and tried it out in various conditions.
This board really does it for me. Been riding it with straps lately and when you have been off straps for a few years it was amazing how you can pull off anything that goes through your mind without any risk of getting knocked off whatsoever.
Last Two sessions were the best though: both on "one eye" first time around 6 foot and second around 4. This board handled the spot with such ease it was pure pleasure. Going back upwind to the peak was also amazing as I could point least 10degrees higher than most other riders out there, and that at serious speed too.
The board is really sweet, without flinching once on hard bottom turns and snapping on the lip like a shorter board would do.
Construction is a lot stiffer and stronger than 2010 cab boards as they seem to have stepped back to Cobra style production with wood on top deck sandwich.
I do not hesitate to recommend this board for the waves we enjoy here.
Nico

hahnz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Oahu
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trigger 6'1"

Postby hahnz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Sounds sweet, did you happen to try the new s-quad as well? I've been debating which way to go

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Re: Trigger 6'1"

Postby Nico » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 am

Negative.
Had a spell last year trying out all the configurations in a single session (surf) and found the thruster to be the one I am most comfortable with.
The quad accelerates faster gets higher speeds, but does not do as carvy turns as the thruster.
The quad is good for snappy moves using more the fins than the rail as opposed to the thruster that allows for long carving turns . My son prefers the quad setup and I suppose it has to do with generation and style too. He rips as good as me in the waves (so I fool myself) but has a different style.
Nico

Return to “Kitesurfing”