Forum for kitesurfers
kangaroo
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

strapless surfboard kiteloop

Postby kangaroo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:14 am

hi folks
ive got to the level that i can pop grab and hold the board and fight it during flight consistenly through the pull of the kiteloop and often can land and with a bit of quick movement water start away
however i cant seem to buy the time or control the surfboard to point it downwind and stick it back onto my feet

my kite is 2010 best bullaroo - i use the 7 or 9 - ive moved onto 25m lines as i found the 20m lines made the kiteloop too powerful and gung ho - longer lines have certainly helped

im thinking this move is alot easier with thin railed skimboard type strapless boards as i struggle gripping and controlling the surfboard - its light board best spacekraft 5ft11

anyone know any good progression videos of hints

pic attached shows im trying but im not 19 dont live in hawai but i do have my own hair :naughty:

thanks in anticipation

martin coulthurst @ blackpool, uk
Attachments
strapless kiteloop.jpg

ulx
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter-Ording, Germany
Favorite Beaches: Klitmøller (Denmark) and South Africa
Style: Strapless Surf- and Foilboard
Gear: Slingshot SST 8,7,6,5
Firewire Vader
Ketos Foil with Kakoo board 108x44
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: strapless surfboard kiteloop

Postby ulx » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 pm

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Re: strapless surfboard kiteloop

Postby windmaker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 am

Thinner , smaller boards make it easier to grab and flip them around but it is all about timing. Maybe you need a little more airtime, looks like Marcos is getting a lot.

I am doing mine with the straps fitted on the surfboard (board off) and need that extra split second to time and get my feet back into the straps before hitting the water. Till then I land with my feet on the straps...

Return to “Kitesurfing”