Forum for kitesurfers
bulltjuven
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liquid force envy

Postby bulltjuven » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Has anyone tried it? How does it feel comparde do RPM, Wainman or Octane? is it powerfull? Good unhooked?
Best regards!

adamrod
Frequent Poster

Re: Liquid force envy

Postby adamrod » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2360720&hilit=Envy

topic pretty well covered it. it's great unhooked and powerful too. as for comparison between the kites you mention? i can't speak to that, I haven't tried them.

insener
Medium Poster
Gear: Liquid Force

Postby insener » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 pm

11m2 Octane is faster than 12m2 Envy. Envy pulls like a truck (delta shape) and it's the most grunty kite for 2010 LF lineup, more stable and is great for unhook stuff, 2010 bar feeling on LF and SS is similar (imho). Lot of reinforcements, clean bar, but no sweevel.
12 Envy have more bar preasure than 11 Octane. 11m2 Octane is fast, great bar (some don't like too much metal, np for me), nice kite for airs and freestyle.
Both kites are great, just each in own way!
2010 RPM is not out yet? Haven't tryed Wainman

bulltjuven
Rare Poster

Postby bulltjuven » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Sounds nice, Its really hard to know what kite to buy 2010!! I have tried Wainman 2009, Octan2010 and 2009 Rpm, They are all nice but maybe i need to try the envy before i click on the "Buy" button. Might have the chans to demo the envy this weekend!

Cheers!

Spectrum
Rare Poster

Postby Spectrum » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:44 am

I had the chance to try 2010 LF envy 10m, hifi 9m, havoc 10m in very powered conditions and i
have to say that the havoc is the most impressive sle kite i have ever tried one word.. WOW...
i would rate the upwind, power, boost, hangtime, bar feeling and stability and with a 10 out of 10 !!!
i am not kidding i think it will blow you away...

The funny part is that when i saw it on the beach with pulleys on the tip i didnt want to waste
my time on "that thing" but did i get a big suprise... few kite boost like this.. if any...

Ohh.. and i do love rpm.. sooo smooth and the the turns... nice...

I think the envy is more difficult but cool in a different way, sits deeper, i felt is was more a wake
skyle kite and it was violent in loops, i actually stopped downlooping it because it would just
brutal rip me out of the water, maby there was other settings on the kite that you can change, it has to
big ba... for my taste the hifi was alot more gentle and super controlled the in loops, btw they are
all loopmachines +++

The havoc had almost twice the power of the other to but very comfortable and user friendly =
much bigger jump and hangtime and crazy upwind

Unhooked ?? i have no idea :(

Just my 2 kroner

:bye: Mike

eightsmileys
Frequent Poster
Style: Strapless waveriding
Gear: Liquid Force

Postby eightsmileys » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 am

I have tried the Havoc 10, Envy 10 and Hifi 11!
For me the havoc is the best kite i have ever tried till now.
It's super stable, nice bar pressure, nice hangtime (it doesn't boost high as the comp which needs technique to jump high), glides through the air even when the lines are completely slack when going down on a wave (on shore winds waveriding), relaunch is very good, construction of kite and bar is excellent and has lots of power even in light winds as it is super fast...just give it a try! For unhooked it's nice with nice power (it just gives you the power slowly slowly when you unhook) and you have the time to load well and nail some tricks!!!!

With the envy i haven't had the best conditions to test it out but in shitty gusty winds it wouldn't fall out of the sky...it glides a lot and has a lot of grunt when the wind is right i guess...it is a bit slower than the havoc and generally it's quite forgiving. For unhooked it's a grunty kite that keeps it's power through the trick!

The comp 11 has nice bar pressure, boosts high when you time it right, nice kiteloops (nice pull and gives you a glide so you can land those nasty loops). For me looping the comp is a charm :)

I hope soon i get my smaller sizes to test them out cause winter is coming and swell is rising up!!!!!

Please note that the above feedback is more from testing this kites and have not yet got a super 100% opinion on the kites.

As for the Havoc i had 5-6 sessions with it till today and i am pretty stoked...!!!

Have a nice day and enjoy kiting :)

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 pm

whear in europe is cheap to shop liquid force I mean web shops any tips for 2010 gear

kitenaked
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island - NorCal
Area 51
Style: not naked
Brand Affiliation: Kite Naked, JN Kites, Cabrinha, Shinn & Wainman

Postby kitenaked » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Where in Europe is cheap?

THIS IS CLASSIC!

a-k-m
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: Cabrinha FX 10, Flexifoil Hadlow Pro 7

Postby a-k-m » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Hello,

I'm practicing kiteloops and kiteloop-backloop at the moment. I practised on cabrinha switchblade before and it worked fine for me.

A few days ago I tried it with the liquid force envy 2010 8m and couldn't land one kiteloop?!

Is the LF Envy no good for kiteloops? I had the impression that while doing the kiteloop the radius was enormous. And a big radius gives a looot of power!

Maybe I have to get used to the kite, but I wanted to know what is your experience doing kiteloops with the Envy.

Should I try to connect the steering lines to lightwind-setup so the kite turns faster?

By the way... are there any videos where someone loops the envy? Couldn't find one so far...

Greez André

wardr77
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK Camber , Whitstable. Southcoast in general
Style: Freeride
Gear: Nobile / Slingshot

Postby wardr77 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:11 am

I recently bought a 10m Envy 2010 to fit the gap between my 7 and 13 Rev 2's, so I have some experience now of 2 different types of kite. The LF Envy is very well made, quality of construction cannot be faulted and the bar is a nice pice of work too. In the air the Envy feels quite a bit different to the Revs, it is very grunty and generates a lot of low end power which gets you going nicely and as the ad says it's a park and ride kite, you can simply park it and forget it. However when its taken out in strong gusty winds, near the top of its range it does start becoming a bit of a handful. In strong gusts the kite does surge forwards leaving you desperately trying to hang on with your arse pushed out in the turkish toilet position; although the depower works very well in these sort of conditions the kite tends to flutter quite badly creating a fair bit of vibration in the bar. I do not get any of these problems with the Revs.
The one concern I did have was its jumping ability, a few reviews have stated that its jumping is ok but not the highest. The first jump I did on this kite nearly took me into orbit! And the ease by which you can jump on these kites is superb. So all in all a great kite, but takes a little getting used to when you start flying it at its upper limits!

Return to “Kitesurfing”