Forum for everyone who is into racing and speeding on kites.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 34930
- Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
- Style: Airstyle
- Gear: Rebel 2015 18
- Brand Affiliation: None.
- Location: World (KF Admin)
if they do it right, it can be a fun discipline...good to add.
I think more exciting than normal course racing!
But it should be one similar format, not long distance mixed with boardercross.
And they should add a TEAM race! this is awesome, we had such great fun with it in Brazil at the Kite Show last year with it.
And sooooo many more opportunities to get outside sponsors in!
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:27 pm
- Kiting since: 99
- Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
- Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo, margarets area, west oz
curral jouel, cv, One Eye
- Style: surf & race
- Gear: JP surfboards,
North Neos, Rebels, Dynos
Sencillo by FastaFoil
- Brand Affiliation: sponsored by North Kiteboarding, O'Neill, FastaFoil
- Location: Hayle, UK. Sponsored by North, Oneill, FastaFoil, www.pastyadventures.co.uk
i think the problem with this compared to course racing is again that big factor of needing decent strength wind. for sure it works great but i think the issue of it needing to be windy is there again. it says min wind 6knts in the rules, can't imagine doing boardercross it that, what sort of board will you use? don't fancy jumping a sausage with 40cm fins too much
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:13 pm
- Kiting since: 0
- Local Beach: all around France
- Gear: Flysurfer
- Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer
as far as I understood , Kite cross would be the discipline selected for the Olympic games instead of traditional course racing
Return to “Kiteracer”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests