Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Los Barilles, Lord of the Wind Contest

Forum for kitesurfers
alex a
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beaches on Maui like Kanaha, Hookipa, Lanes, etc.
Favorite Beaches: Hookipa
Kanaha
La Ventana
Most beaches in Florida
Style: all kinds
Gear: Aguera Boards
Cabrinha Kites
Brand Affiliation: Aguera
Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Los Barilles, Lord of the Wind Contest

Postby alex a » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm

pouch wrote:Great , thanks for sharing

I read that Sean was riding a twintip for racing and he managed to finished at the 4th position
can you tell us more ?
I did not see Sean riding a twin tip. He rode a twin fin in the slalom and won. In Courseracing, he was riding a CR board.
There were many people riding twintips in the slalom though with Brian Smith in boots in the finals. Brian also won the Expression Session with some nice handle passes close to shore. The Expression session was really nice to watch with about 15 kiters all going nutts next to the shore without any tangle ups!! There were lots of big kite loops, handle passes, big airs, and the spectators were loving it.
The windsurfing freestyle competitors judged the Kiters and the Kiters judged the Windsurfing freestyle from the tower over looking the beach.

pouch
Medium Poster
Local Beach: all around France
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Los Barilles, Lord of the Wind Contest

Postby pouch » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm

alex a wrote:
pouch wrote:Great , thanks for sharing

I read that Sean was riding a twintip for racing and he managed to finished at the 4th position
can you tell us more ?
I did not see Sean riding a twin tip. He rode a twin fin in the slalom and won. In Courseracing, he was riding a CR board.
There were many people riding twintips in the slalom though with Brian Smith in boots in the finals. Brian also won the Expression Session with some nice handle passes close to shore. The Expression session was really nice to watch with about 15 kiters all going nutts next to the shore without any tangle ups!! There were lots of big kite loops, handle passes, big airs, and the spectators were loving it.
The windsurfing freestyle competitors judged the Kiters and the Kiters judged the Windsurfing freestyle from the tower over looking the beach.

may be this was another race
http://www.surfertoday.com/kiteboarding ... -nationals

Return to “Kitesurfing”