Which 2011 race board do I go for?

Forum for kitesurfers
james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Re: Which 2011 race board do I go for?

Postby james » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:33 pm

just to add to Lee's comments about the CR59, i bought one of the boards that was used at poole, and for me ended up far more competitive at the last event of the year with my best finish for the year, No i am not worrying the top guys ,but it felt easy and comfortable to ride, having seen what i was riding this will be no surprise to any of the UK racers! i feel it does need bigger fins for light wind as i was running 25 and 27cm fins, fine and very controllable in high wind but lacking in low end, so get tweaking!

but the point is that you need to put time in on ANY board you are going to race on, you cant just buy your way to the front of the fleet,

craigT
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby craigT » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Cheers James, I just got word from Alex that there are no more CR59's for 2 or 3 months (bollocks, I'd set my mind on that board!) so I'm thinking about the larger Cabrinha as it's supposed to be very similar but with quad setup only.

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Craig after riding the cab last year I would suggest you try the North 2011 board, faster and easier to ride without the need for better fins until you want to hit the front of the fleet.
Or if you want a tri go for a Jay Factory in size 64 or 70 which are both going to be IKA registered.
Enjoy whatever you go for.
see ya on the race course
lee

twex
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Curracloe, Duncannon, Tramore
Style: Course Racing, Free Style
Gear: UGD Race, FLX & Freewave & a 9 year old Starboard Directional to keep it old School Ion3 kites for now
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby twex » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Just ordered an UGD Race, in the end I chose it because out of the handful of race boards in Ireland the majority are now UGD. Makes it a bit fairer racing on the same gear.

Might pop over to UK races to get kicked about on the start line just for the experience. I see the dates on the BKSA site, are there any other UK web sites with information on the UK Race scene?

Tom

Return to “Kitesurfing”