Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for people in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Postby Constantin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:18 am

Hello everybody!

I am very new to kiting. I recently got my gear and had few lessons. So, I was wondering if there is a group of people in Fort Lauderdale, FL area that get together when the wind is good. I would like to finish my education and get to know somebody with whom I can practice.

If anybody knows of a particular forum or a group online that post updates, schedules etc. please reply.

Any input is highly appreciated.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: Looking for people in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Postby dyyylan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Hey dude I am very new as well, Im still trying to get up on the board and ride more than 5 feet. I live in Boca Raton if you want to hit me up, Id love to ride with some else who is a noob haha.

add me on facebook if you use that: facebook.com/dylanfl

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: Looking for people in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Postby RickI » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:43 pm

The launch at Bahia Mar aka Tiki Beach can be a tough one for newer riders given that narrow access corridor and need to stay upwind and out of lifeguarded areas. There is another area Lauderdale By-The-Sea also with the need to stay out beyond 100 yards from shore while riding just north of Pine Avenue. There is yet another area in Pompano Beach at NE 15th St.. On a good wind day you should find riders at all three of these spots. More about these launches and lots of others at the local forum at: http://fksa.org/

Return to “Kitesurfing”