Rare Poster
Local Beach: lebedevka
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flexifoil Hadlow bar 5 lines

Postby omni » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Hello!
I’ve purchased a kite Flexifoil Hadlow produced in 2008. Its surface area is 9 sq. metres. The task is to put it onto the 5-lines bar from SS Fuel, produces in 2007. The problem which I’ve faced is the bridle lines. There are two variants of binding:
the 1st one is a 4-lines variant. To use it one should have 2 control lines – 22 metres length, 2 traction lines with the length of 18 metres and two bridles – 4 metres length each.
The 2nd variant is a 4-lines bridle. One should have 5 lines of the equal length and the Y-shape bridle for the 5th line.
As I have no bar for 22-metres and 18-metres lines, the only variant for me is the 5-lines bridle.
I’ve got a Y bridle from ION5, but it is too long and as a result – the kite became too closed and it causes problems with the thrust decay. I have a question to the owners of such a gadget – can anybody just measure the length of the Y bridle, i.e. two lines going from the kite to V-connection. Also I need the length of the rope which goes from V up to the knot of the 5th line binding.
Or may be somebody can tell me how to calculate the length of the bridle lines by myself. The length of the 5th line I will find. The main task is to open the kite by the correct Y bindle.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Re: Flexifoil Hadlow bar 5 lines

Postby dyyylan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:38 am

I'm not sure if it helps you but I'd imagine it's pretty difficult to find this info somewhere. On my 9m 2011 hadlow the length of each bridle line is 82 inches, plus the pigtail they attach to from the kite is 13 inches from kite to the knot. The distance from the LE to where the two Y parts meet and attach to the 5th line is 60 inches while the kite is deflated.

omni
Rare Poster
Local Beach: lebedevka
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flexifoil Hadlow bar 5 lines

Postby omni » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 am

I think that the form of kite they should not greatly differ.
I'll try to do with your settings. After testing, I will write what happens to the kite.
Thank you very much.

Return to “Kitesurfing”