Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Los Barilles, Lord of the Showdown contest

Forum for kitesurfers
alex a
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beaches on Maui like Kanaha, Hookipa, Lanes, etc.
Favorite Beaches: Hookipa
Kanaha
La Ventana
Most beaches in Florida
Style: all kinds
Gear: Aguera Boards
Cabrinha Kites
Brand Affiliation: Aguera
Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Los Barilles, Lord of the Showdown contest

Postby alex a » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Toby wrote:thx for the info Alex.
too bad it didn't really work it out.

Sounds like it is not the best way to do it...too much hassle.
Rather let the people go out, do a trick show as high as possible, best show wins. Simple.
Or best trick hooked. Unhooked can be in "freestyle". No need to waist more time for unhooked! :naughty:
It would have been a good system if the GPS results were not lost or at least posted on the board like last year. You can actually see how high you jumped. But I think there were some problems with either the GPS's or the computer holding all the results.
People were really looking forward to checking their height on the official notice board.
Best trick is also a good format.

Uride2
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Los Barilles, Lord of the Showdown contest

Postby Uride2 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 am

Silver Fox wrote:
Uride2 wrote:Los Barriles Race Start Recall.
Wow! I was there shooting the whole week and only noticed one "bad call" none of the spectators knew of any mistakes either. I thought it was a phenomenal event and a treat to have the top 3 racers in the world there! The town of Los Barilles was very safe too. All the locals look out for travelers.
I really enjoyed it and look forward to going back soon.

Los Barriles is awesome. Kited 6 out of 7 days. Great food. Loved the events. Never saw the start of a kite race in person. The race start is quit spectacular, tense, and exciting, that's why I posted up the video.

Return to “Kitesurfing”