Style: Freeride, waves
Gear: Ozone, Wainman, various boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

slingshot s replacement for lunacy...and Crazy fly raptor pr

Postby DJwilson » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Chaps,

Good afternoon. I have two questions for you. Firstly, what is SS replacement model for the Lunacy? And how does it compare to the len10 models that came before it? Is it as stiff and aggressive as my old square tipped ripper? Do the channels you see on most new boards make a difference?

Secondly, how does the CF raptor pro compare? I saw one on the beach the other day, and my did it look fine. Very lightweight and extremely sexy. However, I m concerned that it might just be a little soft for me after years of riding a stiff board. So far my knees are holding up and I don t want to lose the responsiveness and feel you have when you are riding well powered. The guy whose board it was says he can see the raptor pro actually flexing in the tips when he rides it, and that got me thinking. Will it be too soft and spongy?

I have in the quiver a JL model 3 125, resin8 squash and a custom plywood number, so have a few options. But I'm looking for a replacement for my lunacy.

Do let me know your thoughts.
Much appreciated.

Wilson

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Re: slingshot s replacement for lunacy...and Crazy fly rapto

Postby dyyylan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 pm

without looking at the ss website i'm pretty sure the board they're trying to push for straps/freestyle is the darko. it's stiff and flat and square, pretty similar to the lunacy. no idea how it feels in comparison though, i've only ridden the 2010 darko and the new one is supposed to be quite different

yehonatan_naim
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: slingshot s replacement for lunacy...and Crazy fly rapto

Postby yehonatan_naim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi,
The Raptor pro is not soft board, and he very good for freestyle.
As well this is a very fast board.

if you are looking for stiffer board go for the CF Pro Tour Model (ex rocky) there is no wakestyle board that can beat this baby.

Yehonatan Naim.

Return to “Kitesurfing”