Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Current board of E.g.Zaijcek, North not allowed in Olympics?

Forum for kitesurfers
Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Current board of E.g.Zaijcek, North not allowed in Olymp

Postby Wawando » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:42 pm

isaldarriaga wrote:Does a difference of 1-2 Kg in the board really matters taking into account the rider can variate weight between 10-20Kg? I mean 6-10 years ago i was 70Kg , now 92Kg, a variation like that could be the case of any rider. If the rider start lossing some weight, is this going to let him perform better considering the whole combination human+board mass, or just the board is what really matter. Considering the mechanics, the position of the rider, some vertical component should place weight on the board, the more the corporal mass, the more the presure on the board, the more linear momentum of the whole thing. I know there are a lot of another factors, but does someone has records correlating corporal weight vs. speed performance and argue board weight is irrelevant? I don't know the answer...just let us know.
At a high competition level, does. Just try both. At lower level too but at the mind level :-).
Low weight is not always good though. If sea is really, really choppy, a little weight helps.

Return to “Kitesurfing”