LOOPER-KITES
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looper's new web site + free shipping for fastest 20

Postby LOOPER-KITES » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Following some responses -

Thanks for all the feedbacks. The interest in this post as well as the amount of emails we got both indicate that for many this 'lines issue' calls for quick and easy solution.

Few asked about working in 'tough' windy conditions, and for those we can say that Looper is designed for the kiteboarding environment both in material, shape and functionality aspects.
Material – stiff yet flexible plastic enhanced with glass fibers.
Shape & Functionality
The opening at the top (red circle in the picture) keeps the lines in between the two arms of the rotating element (green circle), so that even in windy conditions they are wound in place, as demonstrated in the pictures here.
1.png
1.png (265.56 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
The length of the rotating element (radius of rotation) is adjusted to collect the lines in a moderate walking pace without making too many rounds, and to let it rotate from itself when you unroll them (in fact it is possible to run while doing so).Dimensions were also determined to keep the Looper compact and a little smaller than a bar

Good Luck all
www.LooperKites.com

Looper Kites News:

Our brand new web site is on the air

To order a Looper for $29.90 just contact us at order@looperkites.com (payment by secured paypal form).
Fastest 20 to place an order get free shipping

For a quick demo click here

Image seconds to unroll kite lines
Last edited by LOOPER-KITES on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Looper's new web site + free shipping for fastest 20

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 pm

I know i might get some heat for this.....but here goes......WHYYYYYYYYY ???

I ride the dreaded :lol: 5 line Rebel....we have 5 kites...all lines attached to each one of them

Supa safe zero crossovers (with perfect technique when packing kite).....EZ to learn by the way

I walk away "once" unlooping the fig.8 lines from bar and launch...nothing can be faster than that !

The kite is pumped on its back (no flipping over LE down).."in ready position" = fast fast fast launch

The best part..."free shipping" of the kite into the sky....and ..no additional contraption needed

...I wish you the best.. :surf: :sun: ......it is just not for me..hopefully there is a demand for it out there...

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm

agreed, it's a solution to a problem that does not exist

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Can you use this to do a drift launch from a boat? It is not acceptable if there are 45 twists on the line..but if not I will buy it in an instant.

Just some feedback on your site....it is really hard to place the order on your website...the guy helping you with the website..tell him to do a simple usability test. You will lose a lot of customers using this design (sorry)

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground

Postby FabsPH » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:26 am

Another big thing to pack up. How long does it take to roll up your lines with it? with all the new tangle free lines this product seems unnecessary . Some schools or shops might want it. A great product for sure but limited market. Good luck though.

Hey, work on a bar with this system build in. You might have something then for sure.

Not putting your product down, just my 5c. Hope you make money.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 am

Guys we are a rough crown here. I can see many good uses. I was just hoping it would be able to boat launch using it.

A lot of times we'd have to see it to get it in a way.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:36 pm

It appears to me that you could use this device to real the lines in from the bar and then hook up the kite and float it downwind from a boat. Probably safe enough as a 2 person operation. You would also need to real the lines with one steering line shorter to keep the kite 90 degrees to the wind until the lines are off the device. As with most of these devices, I am sure it will work with a little thought and practice.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:20 am

Just pointing out a spelling error on your new website...

"Works for evertbody"

it's on the affiliates page.

No one has a harder time than I with tangled lines... but I can't see the looper helping... I can't see using it in windy or less than ideal conditions, it saving me time, storing it with my bar and then I need one per bar ( have two).

The video shows a lot but there's no wind... which is typical for kite gear demos though I've noticed.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 pm

I did three different types of boat launches yesterday just to experiement. One with lines in a bucket swimming the bar, one with lines in a bucket floating the kite from the boat, and one with the lines on the bar floating the kite out. All three were successful, but floating the kite with lines on the bar is still the most difficult. You cannot predict when one line will snag on the bar and the other 3 (4 line bar) keep going leaving the kite unpredictable in the water. (I did this in 8kt winds with a 9M kite just to be safe)

To bring this back to the topic, I would say that someone holding the looper on a boat while the kiter swims the bar out (kite stays on the boat until the lines are out) would be a safe and solid method. I think floating the kite out with the lines on the looper would still be more predictable than unwinding from the bar. Had to edit myself saying something stupid here. To float the kite out you would have to wind the lines from the center going out both directions which would probably not work well. I do still think it will work well for swimming the bar out though. My appologies to Looper for the dumb comment.

I will order one and hopefully get some experimenting done with it before the water gets to cold here.
Last edited by KYLakeKiter on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:54 pm

[quote="frankm1960" I can't see using it in windy or less than ideal conditions
The video shows a lot but there's no wind... which is typical for kite gear demos though I've noticed.[/quote]

Me too i would prefer to see same short video with windy conditions 25-30 knots and blowing sand

When the nice girl puts down the lines on beach one a the time...they would sure fly away :bye:

They should show a video attaching lines directly to kite from gizmo one at the time..in real wind

................................. :surf: .....................................................................................................

Return to “Kitesurfing”