Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Best: Pimp my Kite is back

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Best News:

PIMP MY KITE is back! It's that time of year again and we want you to get your creative juices flowing!

pimpmykite.jpg
Best Kiteboarding has once again partnered up with Tramontana Grafixx to bring you PIMP MY KITE! Design your own kite and you could win a brand new and utterly unique, one-off TS v2 10m! Participants can send in their own design and inquire about the contest to pimpmykite@bestkiteboarding.com and the best design wins a TS v2 10m with the winning graphics on it. Tramontana, our partner in this campaign, will "glue" this design with Ripstop on the orange TS v2 showcasing our all new Double Core Ripstop Material.

The winner will be chosen based on their creativity and use of BEST branding in design. We look forward to seeing all the artistic talent from our kiteboarding community. Click here to download the TS graphic template zip file Good Luck!

THE KITE:
Attachments
TS_V2_10m_orange_DOUBLE-CORE.jpg

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best: Pimp my Kite is back

Postby sq225917 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:10 am

The competition is over, the entries have all been judged and the judges have chosen a winner.

Once again we have amazed by the quality, variety and sheer volume of the number of submissions for Pimp My Kite We love competitions at BEST, it's a great way of giving something back to our customers and of sharing the buzz and excitement that kitesurfing gives us every day.

This year we had to choose from literally hundreds of entries from fans of all ages who are desperate to design and own an utterly unique, one-off BEST TS v2 kite. We looked at the number of likes, discussed the options with our competition partner Tramontana Graffix and also Kite Addict and Schwerelosigkite who provided the prizes for 2nd and 3rd place- eventually arrived at the final three.

In third place the judges chose Guto's strongly colored stencil design. It struck a chord with their design sensibilities for its bold use of different treatments of the BEST fish on each panel segment.

In second place with the submission that judges thought helped 'turn it up to 11' was Tony's retro ghettoblaster design. The judges loved the 80's vibe that captures the fun of kitesurfing. It's a big bold graphic that shouts out loud and lets everyone know exactly how you are rocking. It even had us digging out some 90's compilation cassettes late last night as we picked the winner.

The grand winner, in first place with a design that was liked universally by judges and Facebook voters was Giovanni's 'Make love no war'. The judges felt that Giovanni managed to capture the essence of enjoying a good session and the laid back, forgiving attitude that typifies the best kiters on and off the water. His graphic had a global theme and a message that seeks to unite kiters everywhere- and for that reason he'll be receiving his own, unique, custom printed TS v2 kite emblazoned with his very own design. Congratulations Giovanni.

Thanks to everyone who entered there were some brilliant designs submitted, quite a few that didn't stick to the rules that we have loved to have chosen, but we have play fair. If you didn't win this time don't worry, we will have another competition for you in the new year and of course Pimp My Kite will be back again next year.

Fatfish98
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best: Pimp my Kite is back

Postby Fatfish98 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 am

I think 3rd place looks the best one :o

VOMKB
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0