Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lewis Crathern Joins Best

Postby cowboy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Best News:

Lewis Crathern Joins Best

Man That Touched The Sky', 2012 RedBull Len10 Megaloop winner and 4x UK National Champion Lewis Crathern joins BEST.
Known to millions from his extreme air antics including jumping over Brighton and Worthing Piers, Lewis not only has his head in the clouds, he also has his feet firmly on the ground. When Lewis isn't on the water he runs an outreach program introducing school age children to environmental concepts and the excitement and health benefits of being actively involved in outdoor pursuits.

"As one of the most recognizable faces in kiting Lewis is set to be a great asset to the team and we look forward to seeing him flying the flag for BEST on the international and national scenes in 2013. He's one of the most extreme and exciting riders on the planet and he's a perfect match for our GP C-kite and Profanity wakestyle board", commented Team Manager Lia Feriancek. Read on and see what Lewis has to say about his current plans, hopes and aspirations.

Q. Welcome to BEST Lewis! We are really excited to have you on board for 2013. Can you tell us a little bit about why you decided to come and Ride With Us?
A. Every pro-rider wants to be involved in developing the gear they ride and I saw a great opportunity to achieve this with BEST. I tried the GP C kite and was hooked; it works well in all conditions especially in the strong winds which I live for. BEST have also shown a great interest in supporting my grass roots development work with kids and I look forward to growing this with them.

Q. BEST is a big family with team riders and departments spread all around the world. Are you going to be spreading your wings a little with BEST now that you have a global sponsor?
A. I have some great trips coming together with BEST and look forward to meeting all the team worldwide. Hatteras (North Carolina) has been somewhere I have always wanted to visit and now I have a good reason! I am also also excited to meet the people that ride BEST throughout the world and share the stoke with them.

Rest of the interview can be found at http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/Lewis_Rides_With_Us

PeterP
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: Sales Manager Airush Kiteboarding

Re: Lewis Crathern Joins Best

Postby PeterP » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Len10 last man standing at SS?

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm

COOL! Best is getting a really sick team now! Who will be the next???
They will soon announce another one as well I´ve heard...

Jinx
Rare Poster

Postby Jinx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 pm

wow Best with the power moves!

They have a kick ass team now, hopefully they have some money left over for production :)

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Nice :-)

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 am

Wow...either the GP is a really, really great kite...
...or Best is really, really throwing money at riders to prove that it is.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 am

wouldn´t be cheaper to just buy Slingshot and re-name it?

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Seems like they would be better off improving their products than paying for riders. Better products, local team riders, and push for shops to use their gear for lessons. Just seems what works the best in this industry.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm

TheJoe wrote:Seems like they would be better off improving their products than paying for riders. Better products, local team riders, and push for shops to use their gear for lessons. Just seems what works the best in this industry.
Best have been producing quality gear for a few years now, nowt wrong with their products. In such a competitive market where most manufacturers produce quality products advertising is the main way manufacturers can get a larger share of the market, its the same for everything really, people buy stuff màinly because of how it makes them feel and advertising plays on that fact.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Or just as often... if the gear is priced low.
Very many kiters scramble around to hustle their bro deal so they can afford to kite.
Switch Kites is growing like crazy on price point, just like Best did years ago.
Now Best can afford to pay riders to cement their status at the top of the food chain.

Return to “Kitesurfing”