Rare Poster
Local Beach: Westshore Napier
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

line length

Postby dwhite468 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi,

I snapped a line yesterday so I’m in the process of looking for a new set. Just wondering what the pros and cons are for different length lines? Am I right in thinking longer lines will be better in lighter winds but will make the kite turn slower? If so how much difference does it make? Is there a trade-off between the extra weight of the line and the added performance?

Cheers

David

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: line length

Postby tautologies » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:44 pm

dwhite468 wrote:Hi,

I snapped a line yesterday so I’m in the process of looking for a new set. Just wondering what the pros and cons are for different length lines? Am I right in thinking longer lines will be better in lighter winds but will make the kite turn slower? If so how much difference does it make? Is there a trade-off between the extra weight of the line and the added performance?

Cheers

David
for racing there are few disadvantages to using longer lines. I use 28 pretty much always.

I have a bar with 24, and I add an extension of 4 meter...

Return to “Kitesurfing”