Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Please Help me to choose a race board for crusing?

Forum for kitesurfers
cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Please Help me to choose a race board for crusing?

Postby cglazier » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:14 pm

tautologies wrote:... Once I had more speed it was pretty easy. :-)
Easy is a relative term. I am finding the race board tack most challenging. Some days I make several tacks in a row and other days I blow them all. (It is more difficult in lighter wind). And I am just doing regular tacks not roll tacks yet.

I just mention this so anyone who is frustrated has some consolation. :D

:wink: CG

(One thing that has helped me a bit is that I force myself to tack whenever I am riding my surfboard. It gives me more practice.)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 pm

cglazier wrote:
Easy is a relative term. I am finding the race board tack most challenging. Some days I make several tacks in a row and other days I blow them all. (It is more difficult in lighter wind). And I am just doing regular tacks not roll tacks yet.
Yes true. Obviously it takes time to learn all I wanted to say was that once I had a bit more speed, it was easier to complete.

Also remember to be properly hydrated...it will definitely be easier to make your moves that way.

Don Lester
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Is.
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Is. Ca.
Los Barriles, Mx
Style: All
Gear: TT, Surf, Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Don Lester » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:50 am

When you start talking about Boards for cruising, the main question is...... do you want to " flat plane ", or do you want to edge. Race boards with the proper size fins will flat plane and create lots of apparent wind in the kite, Sectors and the like, are mainly an edging type board and are slower. Big difference between the two...........

Return to “Kitesurfing”