JuanMartinez
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

First table to race.

Postby JuanMartinez » Tue May 14, 2013 4:43 pm

I would like to share and exchange information about kiterace
A practical freerace with a table Airush Sector 60 v3, since more than one year.
I would like to make the jump to a table purest race, but I have many doubts about that, as I see that the material is very technical and I see nothing that could fit standard
My level kite is +5 years of practice and 1 year in the freerace ..
my personal concerns enjoy the race as an amateur, leisure and fun in 60% and for fun competition by 40%
I would like any help in choosing my first board, with which access mode in a fast, simple and allow me to evolve without being too technical, and / or fringe benefits that I can be a drag for uncomfortable, as I progressed industry now and I'm hooked on the modality
I thought standard tables to be more economical, monaro type v5, rrd krapida, north ltd (provided item 2013)but not only these...
I'm sure some of you already have you gone through this question
mike lab, shapes, alex aguera,,,,Temavento..ASV..??
which you believe the best to start at a moderate price with moderate pretensions but with the ease and accessibility of riding ..
I appreciate any help and guidance!
thanks
John
Last edited by JuanMartinez on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Re: First table to race. help!

Postby coleman » Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm

i have been riding an airush sector for 2 yrs and also had your same wishes out of a 70 cm race board. i was tossing the idea around of getting either an aguera slalom or temavento slalom for ease of use and top speed. i decided on the mikes lab lab70 that are in production cycle out of cobra factory with the race/slalom fins from ristafins. (37 front/ 35 rear)

the race board is completely different in every way to the sector. definitely technical but extremely fun to ride. it is very challenging to ride these boards though i think the setup i got helps with ease of use and the steep learning curve.

last i checked there was an NJS nf6 on ikitesurf for sale 1300 with ristafins but not sure if they can ship to where you are. that board gets high marks.

if you go to a race board there will be a learning phase but it is worth it. i have only 5 sesions on mine and am already getting good speed out of it. still cant tack though :-(

JuanMartinez
Rare Poster

Postby JuanMartinez » Thu May 16, 2013 4:36 pm

:D

Thank you very much for answering! your concerns are my concerns! and bring a little edge, which serves as a reference to which we behind ..
That's the option I suggest that is the most appropriate table for easy start and progress, mike labs "but also the most expensive, and of course this to start from scratch with the best or most expensive does not seem the most appropriate ..
is that the change from sector to another table but I will acknowledge race but I have to adapt ..
no more affordable standard boards for an open race "?
krapida such DRR or Airush monaro? someone with references? any other option?
thank you very much for your collaboration!
juan

drewkite
Medium Poster

Postby drewkite » Sat May 18, 2013 3:42 pm

JuanMartinez wrote::D

Thank you very much for answering! your concerns are my concerns! and bring a little edge, which serves as a reference to which we behind ..
That's the option I suggest that is the most appropriate table for easy start and progress, mike labs "but also the most expensive, and of course this to start from scratch with the best or most expensive does not seem the most appropriate ..
is that the change from sector to another table but I will acknowledge race but I have to adapt ..
juan
Hi. I'm riding the gaastra jet and believe me!! This board is awesome it is the evolution of the NJS CF6.
Wich was at the level of North, Temavento and close to ML very similar just basacally better than the CF6 I bought 2 one for me and one for my brother since he is now not living here he's not racing and I want to sell it brand new not used not once... Send me a message if interested
Cheers, Drew

föhn
Rare Poster

Postby föhn » Sun May 19, 2013 2:12 pm

JuanMartinez wrote::D

juan
Hi Juan,

We can speak about the Race board (no table) :wink: , via Spainkiters.

I ride on the spot that you know too.

I mean Ciervo´s Island & Paradise spot.

I have Sector V2 & V3.Free-race

My Race boards are Royal Stealth 70 + Rista Fins,..and Mike´s Lab 70 with Rista fins.

Normally, I stay were you have your apartment on playa Honda or nears the ZM. ( Benimar )

Saludos :D
JM

JuanMartinez
Rare Poster

Postby JuanMartinez » Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 am

SpanishEnglishArabic
Thank you very much for answering all nice to have answers when you're looking for something and do not finish to find ..

I've certainly been assessing Royal, temavento, mike labs,,, Shapes, rrd, or monaro, and other second hand both as new .. only that it was an awful lot of money to start rolling ..

I opted for the more economical solution that has been changing to my local dealer, the sector-by monaro V5, I have so many uncertainties with this table as with the other ... the TIME will tell if these is my table or will I have to go with changes to find the right .. so far mine has been the easiest and least traumatic, besides having the distributor near to any questions or concerns .. ..

I press on so any advice in handling or steering of tabal be nice.

föhn:

For the references you give me, I think we know?? We sailed together? have you a motorhome? Benimar? I have a Knauss! i know you for it's?, also i have home in Playa honda (la Manga) .. . sail to V3 in the environment sector, deer, zm, playa honda,, I have a post about race in spainkiter ...tell me some think, in that please! i now you are a good racer,, i'm in the start!

my level of written English is regular so I use the help of google ..

españos better if you speak, we communicate there or faccebok ..

my mail jmartinezr70@gmail.com

keep in touch!
thank you all!

JuanMartinez
Rare Poster

Postby JuanMartinez » Mon May 27, 2013 7:54 am

I'm torn between these two tables:

Airush Monaro V4 2013

RRD K-Rapida 2013

anyone has experience to help one or the other? thank you!

JuanMartinez
Rare Poster

Re: First table to race.

Postby JuanMartinez » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:21 am

no body?...
someone with user information? ...
thank's!

drewkite
Medium Poster

Postby drewkite » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:19 am

JuanMartinez wrote:no body?...
thank's!
go with krapida, looks good. Tried it once and really liked it!! way faster and i think lighter then krace

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 am

drewkite wrote:
JuanMartinez wrote:no body?...
thank's!
go with krapida, looks good. Tried it once and really liked it!! way faster and i think lighter then krace
but has many production problems.

Go Temavento - Orange rocket!

Return to “Kitesurfing”