All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cant on front fins
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 pm 
Rare Poster

Question is what cant on front fins are used for best control and speed on new race board like North LTD 2013?
I use Tectonics t43k,front 42 with deg. cant and 38 rear.My weight is 78 kg.
Compared to my friends board that runs no cant front standard slalom windsurfing fins i feel less control on my .The fact is that he is more experienced and faster,but when i step on his board i have to work a lot les with legs than on my board.

What cant uses top guys on world tour or in China past days?
Any advice and sugestion welcome

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Cant on front fins
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:47 pm 
Rare Poster

I'm no expert, but from my experience riding race boards 2 -3 deg cant on front fins works well. Anything more than that gives you a little too much lift. A friend of mine rode the 2013 north board with Rista fins 2deg cant and said that it was fast. Foot strap placement can make a big change in how the board rides. I'd suggest playing around with the location of the back rail footstrap position.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm 
Rare Poster

Zmax,thanx for reply and sugestions.
I come from 13 years of Formula windsurf Racing and from experience i know that people dont like to share subtle and important infos.
Now im on kite racing equipment for one year,and i know that wery litle changes (like on windsurfing)in setings can make a big diference.
I understand that i will have to by 2-3 sets of fins and start to repot fins by my self if i want to make some decent progres in speed and upwind.
Thats all part of the game :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:11 pm 
Frequent Poster

Yo Jojo.
I have sold my raceboard and bought a foildboard. If you are interested in som cheap t43 I still have some left. 40,5 front with 2 degrees cant and both 38 and 39 back fins. (This was my hard wind set-up). Send a pm if interested.
And yes you are right. Small changes make a big output. Just 4 mm in fin lengt makes a big matter. Just one footstrap hole closer to the edge and you fly upwind and so on...

[ 4 posts ]