Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Faultless regatta for Elena Kalinina marks kite debut

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:30 pm

IKA News:

Faultless regatta for Elena Kalinina marks kite debut at the Trofeo Sofia IBEROSTAR!
1 ika.png
1 ika.png (319.99 KiB) Viewed 3082 times
The kites made their first apparition in Palma this year for the Trofeo Sofia IBEROSTAR. Ten challenging races were sailed by mixed teams of male and female riders coming from all over the world to mark history with the debut of kite racing alongside the usual ten Olympic classes and the 2.4 paralympic event.

Elena Kalinina from Russia won all the races in the women division: "I am so excited with my results here. I really didn't expect to win all the races. The racing conditions were not easy but in the end we did 10 races. The venue today in Can Pastilla was much better for launching and for racing. I hope we will be there next year. It was great to be part of the Trofeo Sofia IBEROSTAR with all the other Olympic classes, it is a great start for our future and hope we will be included again in more regattas with the Olympic classes." About her goals for the rest of the year the 18 years old Russian rider adds: "This win is giving me confidence to go and compete in the year main regattas: the European and world championship. Then I hope to be selected for the Sailing World Cup final in Abu Dhabi." Same reaction from Florian Trittel who took nine races out of ten. "I am very proud to win this event in Palma. I hope we will return next year with more riders. This is a good step towards the inclusion of kite in the Olympic Games!"

Return to “Kitesurfing”