Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Da Kine footstraps? any one using them?

Postby kitesurfbali » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:59 am

Hello guys,
was wondering if anyone has been using the Da Kine the X-Lace Footstraps or
the Adjustable Control Footstraps. Or even saw them and can tell me the main difference! From the web site is not really clear.
As I need to order I would like to know witch one you think is better.
I'm only interested in Da Kine, Thank you.
Bye Jankie

mikelet
Frequent Poster

Postby mikelet » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Kitesurfbali !:
I'm already using X-lace footstraps with Dakine Boost deck pads in my F-one Trax from half a year now.You can't go wrong with it.
Always thought foots & pads are the main important thing on a board to take 100% of it.Something that fits to your foot like a sock can change the worst board feeling to the best. What i can say,it's i'm fully satisfied, both are super comfy.
X-lace footstraps come with a pulley/spectra rope system inside for tightening,this allow your footstrap always in the same adjust,never had problems of slack during a session,unlike other ones that comes with velcro for adjust.It's amazing how much you can thigthen your footstrap with this system.
In my opinion they have a very soft feeling on the feet,best i tried ever..
Hope this helps

cheers!

An Ozone user

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foxi » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:58 am

I also use X-laces and appreciate the perfect fit.
Only downside: they´re too small fully extended for US 10 in 5mm boots on relatively standard pads. Can´t use them in european winter times accordingly. That´s the definite con of the adjustment tech used as there are lots of even bigger feet out there .. DaKine needed to produce it in at least 2 sizes - as Underground does with its new ones.
It´s not a light strap as well, compared to my Mystics fixed straps.
Adjustablity on the fly works great though and coverage of full forefoot as well. Searched for replacements for my Nobile straps.
Would also consider North 08 now as the split velcros allow for strap angle adjustment over the forefoot which I like a lot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”