Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Vegas 06 bladders leak, do I have any recourse?

forum for kitesurfers

GhostDog
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Charleston South Carolina, USA
Favorite Beaches: Station 28, Sullivan's Island South Carolina. Katama Bay and Cape Pogue, Martha's Vineyard.
Style: Freeride, FreeStyle, some wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi, 8,10, 12
Underground FLX 135 x 41
OR Mako Wide
Brand Affiliation: None

Vegas 06 bladders leak, do I have any recourse?

Postby GhostDog » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:20 pm

I see a lot about the Rhino bladders and I know North admitted bad batches of Rhino bladders, anyone have any issues with the 06 vegas bladders? My dump valves keep failing, other small leaks. Do I have any recourse, anyone else have a problem with the vegas and get replacement bladders from North?

If so, what is the best 'tact' to take when I contact them?

Oh, also, they put glass cambattens in the 06 and I have since replaced them all with the plastic ones but I have 5 or 6 holes in my kite where the cambattens broke and punctured the kite.

I like the way the North kites fly but I'm not crazy about the quality control issues. I was considering a Rhino until I heard about the bladders.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:38 pm

I don't think you can do anything with the holes in the kite due to broken battens...

I had the valves coming off so many times...just glue them on...but try to get new bladders, all depends on the distributor. Keep in mind it is about 2 years old...but the kite still rocks! Keep it ;-)

GhostDog
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Charleston South Carolina, USA
Favorite Beaches: Station 28, Sullivan's Island South Carolina. Katama Bay and Cape Pogue, Martha's Vineyard.
Style: Freeride, FreeStyle, some wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi, 8,10, 12
Underground FLX 135 x 41
OR Mako Wide
Brand Affiliation: None

great kites but deflating on the outer break in outgoing tid

Postby GhostDog » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:15 pm

great kites but deflating on the outer break in outgoing tide here in Charleston SC is not fun, happened twice now, kite fell out of sky like it was shot. Always in the worst imagineable place, fortunately other kiters around both times to help me out otherwise I would have had to ditch the kite and swim in a long ways against a hard outgoing current.

Return to “Kitesurfing”