Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

any info on Prisoner of Wind or Neptune Quad Skull

Forum for kitesurfers
Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

any info on Prisoner of Wind or Neptune Quad Skull

Postby Frankieboy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:24 pm

I found some info but all about the 5'6'' viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2338062&hilit=+skull" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anybody have experience with the 6'0''? What is the width of the 6'0''?

Besides the waveriding which should be OK, how does it ride in chop, low end, upwind ability, etc. Is it suited for a big guy?

Thanks

Frank

Clew In
Very Frequent Poster

Re: any info on Prisoner of Wind or Neptune Quad Skull

Postby Clew In » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Hey,

I bouught the 6' quadfin; however, I have not had a chance to use it. Waiting for warmer weather. E-mail Jeff and he will fix you up.

http://www.wowkite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Frankieboy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Clew In wrote:Hey,

I bouught the 6' quadfin; however, I have not had a chance to use it. Waiting for warmer weather. E-mail Jeff and he will fix you up.

http://www.wowkite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the info. I am in contact with him but all I know is that people seem to like the boards.

I am looking for more info on how it rides and how it would suit my weight.

If I may ask, what is your wheight and what is the wind range you assume it will have for you (and your kite sizes)?

Frank

fearlu
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fearlu » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:31 pm

I'm a fellow biggun' and a Bay Area resident. I see a lot of the Neptune/POW boards around here and they do everything really well. Plus, Jeff's a great athlete and his shapes are leading edge for the kinds of things he likes to do. But, be forewarned, he is NOT a large person and it sounds like you will need to account for that when making a board choice. I know one medium-large guy who rides around here that just sold his 5'9" and replaced it with a 6'0". I know that's not very specific (with any dimensions for you) but I hope it helps in the decision. Also, there are two versions of these boards I believe-- dedicated waveboards versus course-racing models, so head's up on that. Enjoy!

Clew In
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Clew In » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Hey,

I weigh 220 lbs and 6'3". I have a 12 &16 crossbow. Jeff said go for the 6' quadfin. I live in Ga. and the wind is 10-25 when it is blowing. It is a great looking board and I cannot wait to try it out.

Clew In

Return to “Kitesurfing”